Jon-Tech
Jon-Tech, LAN/WAN Engineer
Experience:  Global IT Manager, Senior Network Engineer / Server Engineer.
62326695

How do I set up my Pansonic DY-WL10 Wireless LAN adapter

Customer Question

How do I set up my Pansonic DY-WL10 Wireless LAN adapter?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Jon-Tech replied 3 years ago.

Jon-Tech :

Hi I'm Jon I look forward to helping you.

Jon-Tech :

Can you please provide me the specific model of the TV or blue ray device you are trying to setup

Jon-Tech :

The adapter only works on select TV's and blue ray devices...

Customer:

Pansonic TC-P42G25

Jon-Tech :

ok great while I look that up can you tell me your level of experience, if you know the name and password XXXXX your router wifi and where you got stuck... please

Customer:

I did not receive any acceptable directives!

Jon-Tech :

ok, do you or someone there know the wireless network name and password XXXXX your home or location?

Customer:

YES, LCAS2, SECURITY TYPE IS WEP.

Customer:

I DON'T KNOW THE PASSWORD!

Jon-Tech :

WEP requires a key usually 8 or more characters are you sure its wep not wap2

Jon-Tech :

The good news is the LAN adapter will work on your TV, they are a correct match.

Jon-Tech :

The bad news is we can't connect the lan adapter to your wireless network until we know the password XXXXX confirm the security. Do you have the admin user id and password XXXXX the router?

Jon-Tech :

Do you have other devices connecting to the wireless router like a laptop?

Customer:

IT'S WEP. I CAN SEE A WEP KEY,ANWPS PIN, AND A WAN MAC. WHAT DO I HAVE TO DO DO TO CONNECT THE DEVICE TO MY WIRELESS ROUTER?

Customer:

YES, 2 WIRELESS COMPUTERS A PRINTER WITH A ETHERNET CONNECTION, AN IPAD AND 2 I PHONES.

Jon-Tech :

Great we can get the WEP key from them... once you have the WEP key it's pretty simple, connect the USB wifi adapter in your TV, go

your tv configuration... menu config / setup general, network then choose wifi, look for the wifi name being broadcast by your router and click on that name enter WEP security and enter the wep key... that's it.

Jon-Tech :

You can get the WEP key from your computer by going to the wifi icon and opening up the list of networks, right click and select properties then the WEP info will be there.

Jon-Tech :

One things to note, this wireless adapter has a short signal range so hopefully your router produces a strong signal or your tv is close. If your running wep your probably using 802.11 g and maybe a WD54G?

Jon-Tech :

Would you like me to locate the exact step to setup on your tv?

Customer:

YES

Jon-Tech :

ok would you also like a link to your online manual for your TV?

Customer:

YES, CAN I GET A PRINT OUT OF THESE DIRECTIVES?

Jon-Tech :

Yes I'll provide you the link and you can save the manual to your computer, print or both, the manual is pretty long about 100 pages

Jon-Tech :

Here's your quick start guide http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/QSG-19022-MUL.PDF

Jon-Tech :

Here is your manual http://service.us.panasonic.com/OPERMANPDF/TCP42G25.PDF It includes the network setup steps

Jon-Tech :

Here is your main page for your TV http://shop.panasonic.com/shop/model/TC-P42G25

Customer:

PERHAPS YOU CAN E- MAIL TO ME. I DON'T WANT TO PRINT OUT THE MANUAL ;I WANTED TO GET A PRINT OUT OF OUR DISCUSSION.

Jon-Tech :

oh... I'm not allowed to communicate outside this service with customers... but what you can do is cut and past the chat session and save to your email or word processor,

Jon-Tech :

are you ready for me to provide you the steps to setup your TV on the network?

Jon-Tech :

hello are you there?

Jon-Tech :

Well let me go ahead and give you the steps to setup your tv on your network...

Customer:

OK

Jon-Tech :

on your TV remote dispay menu, choose select setup

Jon-Tech :

select network settings, select the setting and set for wireless network

Jon-Tech :

this is where you look up or enter your network name LCAS2 and choose WEP then enter the password XXXXX and save

Jon-Tech :

just follow the direction on the screen to complete the setup

Jon-Tech :

I recommend you search for wireless networks instead of manually entering the network name

Jon-Tech :

then display connections status with access point then press wireless network

Customer:

IS THAT ALL?

Jon-Tech :

almost I need to give you a little more steps

Customer:

OK

Jon-Tech :

when you choose wireless network choose access point and select yes

Customer:

WHAT NEXT?

Jon-Tech :

thats about it... If you run into any questions you can refer to the online manual starting page 42 by using the 2nd link I provided or ask me.. up to you. Is there a specific function you plan to use with your new network tv?

Customer:

WHAT WILL I BE ABLE TO DO ONCE CONNECTED?

Jon-Tech, LAN/WAN Engineer
Experience: Global IT Manager, Senior Network Engineer / Server Engineer.
Expert:  Jon-Tech replied 3 years ago.
it's a whole new world. I have two network TV's and stream media from my laptops, desktops using DLNA UPnP and I use windows7 media center to watch live tv, pause, fast forward and rewind live tv. These are just a few things. I noticed you have a few Apple products, unfortunately Apple chose to not participate in these functions DLNA for example so you'll have limited function for media on your Apple products but you can use them as remote control devices to operate your TV wireless. Check out the apps at Apple or Panasonic... Best of luck with your new product. Jon.