Rojus Alappat
Rojus Alappat, Computer Hardware Engineer
Experience:  Diploma in H/W & N/W
50059793

how to connect hp Officejet 4500 G510g-m via ethernet cable

Customer Question

how to connect hp Officejet 4500 G510g-m via ethernet cable using d-link wbr-2310 . I have been able to assign an IP adress to the printer and it is recognized . I have problems defining the port 9100 int the advanced settings . what application is compatible. DNS doesn't work
Category: Networking
Expert:  Rojus Alappat replied 2 years ago.

Rojus Alappat :

Hi... Welcome to Just Answer Support...
I am Rojus... Hope I can assist you to solve this issue...

Rojus Alappat :

May I know how you have connected it ?

Rojus Alappat :

Just try the following steps...

The HP Officejet 4500 All-in-One offers embedded wired networking capabilities
that allow you to connect the all-in-one directly to a 10/100 Base-T Fast Ethernet network. With the all-in-one
turned on, simply connect an Ethernet cable from the all-in-one’s RJ-45 port to the network hub, switch, or router,
and then run the installation software on each of the computers on the network. On-screen instructions provide
easy step-by-step installation.

Rojus Alappat :

Hope this will work...

Rojus Alappat :

Kindly let me know if you need further assistance...

Rojus Alappat :

1- If you feel that my assistance was helpful to solve the issue, Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. So Please leave me a positive feedback if you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated.

Customer :

I have done all that already.The installation software stop in the middle My problem is to program correctly the D-link wbr-2310. I have succeeded in setting the correct IP adress but I am not sure the settings for the port are correct ( advanced settings for the router

Customer :

I am still waiting for an answer to my first reply. Everything you have written in your first answer is already in the manual

Customer :

Please forget it all. I will look somewhere else