networkwiz
networkwiz, Certified Networking Engineer
Experience:  MCA (Masters of Computer Application)
47701907

I need to add my Kindle Fire to my wifi device. I do not remember

I need to add my Kindle Fire to my wifi device. I do not remember the password XXXXX code for my wireless router. Is there a way for me to find it?
Category: Networking
Expert:  networkwiz replied 2 years ago.

Welcome to the justanswer.

What the model number and brand name of the wifi router you are using.

I can give you steps to look for the ssid and password XXXXX the router however if you want i can remote access and get you the details in just few mins please tell me what would you prefer, remote support to steps to follow.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
You can access remotely for the info.

click on this link and run the tool let me know once its ready.

http://67.192.95.188:8040/guest.aspx?Session=0f0bbb43-5cb6-495d-b7a3-ffb072b6de51&SUPPORT=NET

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I keep going in circles on the chat screen. I press the 'join session' button which send me to the box that says 'connected'. can't do anything except close it. what now???

Me: i am connected now

Me: use this chat window to communicate

Me: sir are you there?

Guest: yes

Me: i have noted the ssid and password XXXXX a notepad in your desktop screen

Guest: yes, I see it.

Me: that is what you would need ssid and passphase to connect a wifi device to your router

Guest: is this something i could do if i had an id and password XXXXX your server?

Me: no sir

Me: this is the id for your router

Guest: I that case, i'll try this. do you want to hold on??

Me: yes i will wait

Me: its a kindle correct?

Me: kindle 3

Me: ?

Me: steps to connect your kindle to your router

Me: To connect your kindle to a Wi-Fi network:

Press the Home button, then press the Menu button.

Navigate to "Settings" by moving the 5-way controller down, then press the 5-way controller to select.

Select "view" next to "Wi-Fi Settings" to display a list of detected Wi-Fi networks. You may have to wait a moment as your Kindle detects networks in range. Kindle automatically scans for available Wi-Fi networks at periodic intervals. To rescan for available networks at any time, select "rescan."

Select "connect" to connect to a network. If you see a lock symbol next to "connect," the network requires a password XXXXX connect.

If necessary, enter the Wi-Fi network password, and choose "submit." Press the Symbol key to enter numbers or characters not present on the Kindle keyboard.

Once you are connected to a Wi-Fi network, Kindle automatically connects to it again whenever that network is in range. If more than one previously used network is in range, your Kindle automatically connects to the network that was most recently used.

Guest: i was away. I have a Kindle Fire. I was successful at accessing my network. Thanks. If the instructions above are useful, will you add them to a notpad page and leave it with me. Thanks.

Me: great

Me: and sure i will save it on your desktop

Experience: MCA (Masters of Computer Application)