Cory, Computer Enthusiast
Experience:  5+ years of network experience

Ive forgotten my password XXXXX have a new Kindle fire so I

Customer Question

I've forgotten my password XXXXX have a new Kindle fire so I want to access my home wifi but my password XXXXX not to work. What can I do?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Cory replied 4 years ago.

Welcome To JustAnswer. Im Cory and I will be helping you today.

Please connect your computer to your router with an ethernet cable.

Please go to

Username: leave blank
Password: admin

Click on Wireless then Wireless Security and you will find your password for your router.

If your security is WEP, it is Key 1.

If your security is WPA, it is the Passphrase.

If you are able to find your password:

Please click ACCEPT/I'M SATISIFED, that is the only way i receive credit for helping you. (Even if you have a trial or a subscription.) BONUSES and POSITIVE FEEDBACK are appreciated.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I get into it but the password (a pass phrase) is just dots. I can't see it.
Expert:  Cory replied 4 years ago.
Please enter your own password and save.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I entered a new password, let it complete the process (or at least it seemed to, but my Kindle still can't connect. If you hang on I'll try one more time to go through the process.
Expert:  Cory replied 4 years ago.
Please reset your kindle and try to connect
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
When I went back into my Linksys screen (reloading it), it was apparent that the change did not take place and the old, not visible password is still there. It is longer than the new one I tried to enter. I think the problem of getting into my wifi with a password still exists. I have to find out what the password is. I gather there is no way to do that. BIG PROBLEM HERE, huh?
Expert:  Cory replied 4 years ago.
Is the computer your on connected to the wifi?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
You did NOT resolve my problem. It still existed when I gave up on this method of trying to resolve it. I then contacted Linksys and they were not able to help. Today I bought a new wireless netword router. I do not expect to pay anything as I did not receive a solution to my problem. Please remove the "deposit" as it is inappropriate under JustAnswers terms to charge me anything. I did not and do not accept your answer because it simply did not solve my problem.