Chris L., Support Specialist
Experience:  Certified Networking expert with over 10 years experience.

Hi,I just got my Kindle Fire and I need my SSID.

Customer Question

Hi, I just got my Kindle Fire and I need my SSID.....I've search high and low for my manual. Is there anyway to find the SSID for my DIR-600?  Password XXXXX?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Chris L. replied 4 years ago.
Hello and thank you for using Just Answer.

First try this on your computer:
Click the Windows Logo button (Lower left) > Type sharing in the box, then press enter on the keyboard >

Click Manage Wireless Networks on the left > Right your wireless network shown there, then select Properties > Click the security tab >

Click the show characters button and this will show your network password

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

If the above does not help you will need to log into the router and reset the password.

Type in your web browsers address bar.

The D-link's default login details are user name "admin", password is blank, and type the captcha from the image.

Once you get logged into the router look for the wireless setting on the menu on the left.

Once their you can reset your password to your SSID(which is your wireless networks name)

If you cannot log into the router you can reset the router back to its factory defaults allowing you to log in with the info above.

To do this find the small reset button on the back or side of the router, it is a small pin hole.

While the router is plugged in use a paper clip or a pen to press and hold the reset button on the router for 30 seconds.

This will restore the factory settings and you will then be able to log in with the info I provided above.

Please be aware if you reset the router to factory defaults the name of your wireless network will change back to it's default name, most likely dlink.

Please click the accept button if you do not require further help, if you do you may reply to me.

Thank You
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
SO.....I logged into the router and changed my password. The Kindle isn't accepting it. I'm confused.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 4 years ago.
Is the kindle seeing the network at all? Also are your computers or other devices able to connect.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
It is seeing the network, but it says the password is wrong. I don't have anything else connected to the network.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 4 years ago.
Nothing else is connected to your wireless? Have you confirmed your internet is working? Is the computer you are using now connected to that router? If you have not yet please have a look at the instructions for connecting the kindle.

Also I am wondering if the password isn't being accepted because the kindle is not typing it correctly
Look at this please:

Tip: Tap the 123!? key to enter numbers or symbols. Tap the ABC key to return to the regular keyboard. Tap the Shift key (up arrow) for uppercase letters.

If you still have no luck please let me know.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I didn't accept your answer because I totally lost the connection and went to buy a new router. Finally up and working with the new router.

Expert:  Chris L. replied 4 years ago.
Ok. Would you like me to close the question and I can submit it for a refund if you would like.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
That would be awesome. Thanks so much. I know you tried! Have a nice holiday.
Expert:  Chris L. replied 4 years ago.
No Problem. Glad you got the kindle working, I just got one myself and absolutely love it! You have a great holiday as well.

I am submitting the question to customer service now for a refund.

Thank You