networkwiz
networkwiz, Certified Networking Engineer
Experience:  MCA (Masters of Computer Application)
47701907

I can not get to the set up wizard at www.mywifiext.net or

Customer Question

I can not get to the set up wizard at www.mywifiext.net or com. The extenter is set up but it won't let me in with a password. The regular router password XXXXX fine. How do you get to the wizard?
Category: Networking
Expert:  networkwiz replied 2 years ago.

networkwiz :

Welcome to the justanswer chat support.

networkwiz :

What is the model number and brand name of the router?

Customer :

Cisco lisksys wrt160n v2 and the Net gear is WN3000RP

networkwiz :

you need password for both?

Customer :

Yes. The instructions say that the extender will use the same password as the router but it dosen't

networkwiz :

which one is your extender?

Customer :

When I try to get to the set up wizard at www.mywifiext.net there is no connection.

Customer :

The wn3000rp netgear

Customer :

I have no problem with the router. The extender shows on my choices of networks but can't sign in because it won't take a password.

networkwiz :

ok

networkwiz :

Stick a paper clip into the reset hole on the back of the unit and hold it until the Extender status LED flashes in amber

Customer :

I've done that several times to no avail.

networkwiz :

after it gets reset wait for 2 mins to let the extender boot up

networkwiz :

do it one more time but this time hold it down for 20 seconds

networkwiz :

how many computers do you have on the wifi router

networkwiz :

The default login name (case sensitive) is admin and the default login password(case sensitive) is password.

Customer :

Ok I'll try it again.

Customer :

I have three computers and 2 ipads

networkwiz :

please try the steps i gave

networkwiz :

and let me know how it goes

Customer :

Nothing.

Customer :

All the lights are green but I can't log into that network.

Customer :

The defaults you posted admin and password are only good if you can get to the wizard to enter them

networkwiz :

ok

networkwiz :

Make sure you have added the WN3000RP mac address to your router if your router has MAC filter (ACL) on it

networkwiz :

Move the extender WN3000RP closer to your router

networkwiz :

Power cycle your router and WN3000RP

Customer :

I recognizes the extender. My problem is I can't get a password to work. How do I add the WN3000. I

Customer :

how do I get to the Wizard. That's my problem.

networkwiz :

Reset the router to factory defaults.

To reset your router to factory defaults, use a pen or paperclip to press and hold the Reset button for approximately 15 seconds at the back of the router you will see a tiny button indicated as reset button, press it down until the light blinks. The router power should be turned on. Release the button and wait for the router to reboot.

networkwiz :

after resetting you can then get the range extender synced with the router.

Customer :

I shut them both down and reset but still nothing. They work fine together. The problem is still the password

Customer :

When you try to join the ext. it tells you wrong pass word....

Customer :

now I can't get into my network on my ipad with my regular net work

Customer :

Now I can't sign into my regular network. Nice try with the reset.