Kevin, LAN/WAN Specialist
Experience:  Certified MCSA and MCP Network Administrator with over 20 years of PC experience.

I am trying to connect my asus tablet to my wireless network

I am trying to connect my asus tablet to my wireless network to get access to the internet. It is asking for my password XXXXX I do not have, I guess. The laptop is connected and working fine. I tried the security pin on the backof the modem and this did not work. Can you help?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 years ago.

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX thank you for giving me the opportunity to help you with your networking question.

Can you tell me the model number of your Asus and the brand and model number of your router please?

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Asus transformer tf101

Netgear n150 dgn1000
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 years ago.

Thank you...

To retrieve the security key/password XXXXX your Netgear router, use the computer that is directly connected to the router - not a wireless connection.

Open your web browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, etc.) and enter this address: or (whichever will work)

A login prompt will appear:

Username: admin

Password: password

If the login fails, this means it was changed at the time of router installation. Let me know if that is the case.

Once logged in, click Wireless Settings on the left side of the screen then scroll to the bottom of the page to find a box labeled passphrase or pre-shared key. This is your wireless key.

Use it when prompted to connect to your wireless network.

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Okay, i got on and now receive a message "The application DMClient(process stopped unexpectedly. Please try again. Force close"
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 years ago.

Okay - if you were able to get online, please click the Accept button on the appropriate Networking answer - this is how JustAnswer gives us credit for our work.

As for the error, shut down the tablet, then restart.

If the error still exists, make sure the system has performed all of the updates.

Any luck after this?

If the error still appears, update the

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
error still appears, update the ???
Expert:  Kevin replied 4 years ago.

The error really should be opened up in a different question - please click the Accept button to acknowledge the Networking answer that enable you to get online.

About the Update - it is a firmware update for the TF101 - it upgrades the system to firmware version number Version V8.6.5.13 (US) - firmware updates are used to correct errors.

The firmware can be downloaded here:

Asus Firmware

Here is the page with the Firmware details:

Firmware Details

Expert:  Kevin replied 4 years ago.
Please use the second link - it goes straight to the download...