Referent, Network Admin
Experience:  Network Administrator

Facebook won't let me login.

Facebook wont let me login. I get a message that says they dont recognize my computer or phone even though I am using the same devices and browser. The message says it will send me a text message with a code to enter instead of my password, but i never get the text. They are showing me the correct phone number, but I never get the text. Can you help me?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Referent replied 4 years ago.

Your account may be compromised please follow the directions below (No matter what you have tried)

First os what Anti Virus software are you running and is it up to date?

Go here Malwarebytes and download Malwarebytes scanner be careful it will take you to cnet and there are a bunch of links on the site. Make sure you click the one to download Malwarebytes. Install it and run a full scan of your computer. even if you have a AV scanner!

Steps to get back & recover hacked Facebook account

1. Make sure you are using correct Facebook login page to access your account. Directly type and open from web browser (do not click any link to access Facebook login page).

2. If you think your Facebook account is hacked but you can still login – quickly reset and change your Facebook account password.

Click here to reset or click “Forgotten your password?” link above Facebook login box at top right part.

3. If you think your Facebook account is hacked and cannot login as a result of hacker changing your login email address – then you need to contact Facebook support for quick restoration of your Facebook account.

Click here and follow on-screen instructions to send support request in event of Facebook account being hacked.