Ryan B.
Ryan B., Network Specialist
Experience:  Comptia A+ certified, studied for Network+ Certification
16548393

I cant get my router to connect the internet to my new tablet.

Customer Question

I can't get my router to connect the internet to my new tablet. I don't think that I should have to pay extra
to get help with this,,,,,I just bought the router.........
Category: Networking
Expert:  Ryan B. replied 2 years ago.

Ryan B. :

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer~! My name is Ryan and I would like to assist you with your question.

Ryan B. :

What lights are on on your router?

Ryan B. :

Does your computer connect fine to the router just not your printer/table?

Customer :

There are 3 green lights on the back of my router that are on.

Customer :

My PC is connected to the router, but cannot get my tablet to connect to the internet

Ryan B. :

Alright

Ryan B. :

do you receive an error on your table

Ryan B. :

tablet

Ryan B. :

what exactly happens when you try to connect?

Ryan B. :

Do you have security enabled on the router?

Customer :

No I do not receive an error, but when I try to connect it says that it is connected, but it will not connect to the internet. Yes I have security enabled on the router

Customer :

It says no connection

Ryan B. :

do you know how to disable security on your router? If so please temporarily disable it and then try to connect

Ryan B. :

sometimes security can cause issues like that

Ryan B. :

also if you have wpa security change it to WEP

Customer :

It says my Wi Fi is disabled?

Customer :

On the Wi Fi settings it says it is ocnnected, no the wi fi networks it days it is disabled

Customer :

How?

Ryan B. :

so on your tablet it says it's disabled?

Customer :

Yes-It says disabled, secured with WPA/WPA2 PSK

Ryan B. :

what kind of operating system is on your tablet

Ryan B. :

is it android?

Customer :

Yes, it is a Samsung Galaxy. In checking under Cisco connect it says device not found

Ryan B. :

thanks

Ryan B. :

try to search the market and download wifi fix

Ryan B. :

seems to be an issue with the device going to sleep to standby and then disabling the wifi

Customer :

In a MTP application it says it is connected?

Customer :

I can't search the market because it won't allow me to set up a google account

Ryan B. :

and you can't setup a google account because you cant connect to the internet, right.

Ryan B. :

If you go to settings>wireless and networks> Wi-Fi Settings>Tap the next next to Wi-Fi(Turn on Wi-Fi)> Now you should see your network name listed in the available networks, clck on it and click forget. THen it should appear again(you may have to click on menu then scan for networks) then tap it and click on connect. Once connected try to download wifi fix.

Ryan B. :

If that worked and you are satisified with my answer please click the accept button

Ryan B. :

are you there?