derrickonline
derrickonline, Information Technology Manager
Experience:  15 years experience in the information technology field.
22792886

Need the folders [email protected] imported [email protected]

Need the folders [email protected] imported [email protected] They were not imported when I made the change [email protected]
Because email addresses are masked here at justanswer to protect your privacy. I can't see the email addresses you listed.

In order to assist you, I just need you to answer a few questions.

1. What is your old email provider? Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo, Other?

2. Are you using Outlook to handle your mail, or a web interface?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Q1. Hotmail

Q2. Internet Explorer

Great, I forgot to ask what is your NEW email provider?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yahoo
Thank you. Bear with me while I type up a response.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Old e-mail provider was AT&T with Yahoo
As I was doing a little more research I came to the conclusion that a direct import is not possible. I could get technical but you may not need all the details.

There are workarounds depending on your end goal. If your goal is just to ensure you have an actual copy of the messages. We can most likely download them using Outlook or Outlook Express on your computer.

If your goal is to move them from Hotmail to Yahoo mail. That's not going to be possible. HOWEVER, it is possible to move everything from your Hotmail inbox to your Yahoo mailbox. Just not the folders. A work around to that would be DUMP everything into your inbox. But if you have everything neatly organized it's going to be one big massive inbox at Yahoo. Where you could then create folders on Yahoo and file stuff away. Or create one big folder called HOTMAIL ARCHIVE.

Had we spoke sooner I would have suggested Gmail which has MUCH more flexibility all for free. Hotmail and Yahoo even with their paid mailbox upgrades is still very limited in comparison.

How do you wish to proceed?

--- As I typed the above message, you then sent another message stating AT&T Yahoo was your old email. So that means your now going to Hotmail?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Ok can you sue Outlook Express?
First I need to be sure I got the order right. I think you changed it on me.

Are you going:

HOTMAIL ---> YAHOO

OR

YAHOO ---> HOTMAIL

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Yahoo---Hotmail
Laughing

Got it.

OK, if you had a regular Yahoo account. They would make you pay for what they call Yahoo PLUS which allows you to POP your email. Basically that means you can download it using a POP mail client like Outlook Express

If you are positive it was an AT&T Yahoo account, then the PLUS account is pretty much already included so YES! You can download that email. But as always there's a catch.

AT&T doesn't support IMAP. IMAP is what you need to get your folders in sync. Because it doesn't support IMAP, you have to POP it. Accessing via POP3 only understands your inbox, it doesn't understand folders.

So YES you can download your Yahoo email to Outlook. But only the inbox. That means if you want all the mail downloaded you have to dump all the emails you have in folders, into your inbox first, then I can walk you through setting up Outlook to download your Yahoo mail to Outlook

In response to the message above.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

Register Here

Register Here
View Full Image

Register Here

Just to clarify what I just said, I may have not been clear.

To use Outlook. You need to log into Yahoo mail. First we would enable POP/POP3 access.

Then if you wanted all your email (even the ones in folders). Within Yahoo's email interface, you would go to each folder, move all your message to your Inbox of Yahoo.

Once you've moved everything. Your inbox would be full of new and old messages.

We would then setup Outlook to download that email. Since it only understands INBOX and not FOLDERS. We already moved everything into your Yahoo inbox. So now we can pull all of that into Outlook.

When you get it in Outlook you could stop there since you now have an archive of your Yahoo emails. OR you could create folders in Outlook and then start filing things away as you remember it.