Kevin, LAN/WAN Specialist
Experience:  Certified MCSA and MCP Network Administrator with over 20 years of PC experience.

IP address, subnet mask of, identify

"IP address, subnet mask of, identify network address, host address, number of hosts, and broadcast address for network."
"What must be done for users on this network to communicate with the rest of the world through the internet?"

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer! My name is XXXXX XXXXX thank you for giving me the opportunity to help you with your networking question.

With your subnet mask and class C address, here are the specifics on your scenario:

Network Address:

Host Address:

Number of hosts: 256-2=254 hosts

Broadcast Address:

In order to connect with the internet, a gateway is needed, specifically a gateway that can convert the private addresses on your private LAN to a public address. This is done typically through a router via Network Address Translation (NAT), which uses IP addresses and port numbers to communicate online. Here is a link that helps to explain the NAT process: