Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.

I have lost my password XXXXX Linksys Cisco E4200 Dual W N Router.

I have lost my password XXXXX Linksys Cisco E4200 Dual W N Router. Ican use the button for some devices but not my phome or radio. Can I reset the password? How? Anne
Hi, and thanks for using

Please go to and login with the username blank (don't type anything) and the password XXXXX admin
(if you cannot login, try admin for the username also).
Then click on the Wireless / Wireless Security to change/get the wireless / security key.

If that does not work, do you need to change the wireless password XXXXX just get the wireless password? Do you have a wireless computer/laptop that is currently connected via wireless? If so, does it have windows xp, vista, or 7? Can you click on Start, then right-click on Computer, then click on Properties, then check if your System type: is 32-bit or 64-bit?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Viet

No luck logging in; using admin either as password XXXXX both username and password

Laptop uses Windows 7, 32-bit system type

I just need the password XXXXX allow access to new devices

From the windows 7 32-bit laptop that is connected via wireless,
Click on the network/wireless icon at the bottom right of the screen, then click on Open Network and Sharing Center.
Then click on Manage wireless networks on the left.
Then select your wireless network name.
Then right-click on your wireless network name and click on Properties.
Then click on the Security tab.
Then select the box at Show characters.
Then you will see the Network security key above it, that is your wireless password.

If that does not work, from the windows 7 32-bit laptop that is connected via wireless,
Please right-click on the antivirus/security/firewall program, if any, located at the bottom right of the screen and disable it temporarily.
Then please download
(if it does not work, try
Then open it and run the WirelessKeyView.exe file, and select your wireless Network name.
Then to the right, there is key(hex) or key(ascii). This is your wireless password.

Please let me know if there is still any issue later. Thank you.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Hi Viet

Fantastic success!!!

Thankyou very nuch.

Great. You're welcome. Please click on Accept if I have been helpful and please leave positive feedback. Thank you.