Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Technician with years of IT and customer support experience

I think my mail at work has been rerouted can you tell me where

I think my mail at work has been rerouted can you tell me where i can find the ans
Category: Networking
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
-Could you explain your situation a little more?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I want to know where on outlook express functions or tools I can deactivate my email from being forwarded or opened by other people . Recently I noticed my emails were being opened by people I never personally sent the email to and yet they reponded to it by sending an email that said it was read. How was it read when I never sent it to them in the 1st place. I am a novice at this so I really dont know a clue

but there must be a way I can deactivate this action. right?

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
Unfortunately no that is not possible you can not prevent anyone from forwarding emails to other people. Once sent to them they can send it to whoever they like and so on. There is no way to stop that from happening on any email service or client. If you want to know more about it please see this article about this subject: Click Here

Customer: replied 5 years ago.

I dont think I asked the right question, my email at work is being directed to people i never sent it to, my sent and recieve email is being read by people who are not on the names that are listed on my personal the email nor are they listed on the names that I sent out emails to.

In other words i think my email is being rerouted, I want to know how to stop it, or how to look at the people it is being sent to. The reason why I know this is happening is because somebody sent me a reply read receipt but I never sent this person the email in the first place. Then I looked at my sent box and searched this persons name and it appeared on all my emails that I sent, yet I did not write their name in to send box so I am thinking all my emails the sent and recieved are being read by people who I never sent them to XXXXX correct? now I need to know where I can deactivate it

I think I did deactivate it because when I looked up "sent/recieve settings, I tookl off the

button that send include this "account Group"

Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
Ok that makes more sense now that would indeed happen if you were sending to a group so disabling any groups you were sending it to should stop it. Including the "account group" for example co workers means when you send to one of them all of them will get it. Now that it is turned off it should only go to those that you type in yourself.