D.Sandlin
D.Sandlin, Network Administrator
Experience:  5 years as a Network Switching Systems Operator In the US ARMY (31F)
19897260

Im not getting a strong enough signal from my netgear router

Customer Question

I'm not getting a strong enough signal from my netgear router down to my bluray player.
I keeps "rebuffering".

I have checked the speed at 5 Gbps both near the router and down at the bluray player, so I know that's not the problem.

I can play a Netflex movie okay on the computer next to the router, but have rebuffering problem at the bluray device.

ALSO my laptop computer checks five (5) bars near the router, but only two (2) down at the bluray player. (good speed but not enough SIGNAL STRENGTH)

HOW DO I SOLVE THIS PROBLEM PLEASE?
Category: Networking
Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a member of the expert community here..

You mention that. The blu ray player is only getting two bars of signal?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

NO ! MY LAPTOP COMPUTER IS GETTING 2 BARS DOWNSTAIRS (NEXT TO THE BLURAY PLAYER).

MY LAPTOP COMPUTER IS GETTING A STRONG 5 BARS UPSTAIRS NEXT TO THE NETGEAR ROUTER (WHICH IS NEXT TO MY OFFICE DESKTOP COMPUTER)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

BTW, I gave you the answer below IN MY ORIGINAL QUESTION. .....I'm wondering when I'll get a response from this question?

"ALSO my laptop computer checks five (5) bars near the router, but only two (2) down at the bluray player. (good speed but not enough SIGNAL STRENGTH)

"

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
The blu ray player, doesnt have the same wireless adapter your laptop does.

If your laptop is only getting 2 bars at the blu ray player, Then your blu ray is getting 2 bars, or less.
Thats not enough for a stable connection.

You will either need a more powerful router, or.. Connect the Blu ray by ethernet..

There are also adapters we can use, to extend the network closer to the blu ray so it can get a solid connection

SO, we can either go with these adapters by Zyxel.. The way these adapters work, you plug them into the wall.. And they actually use your electrical outlets to extend your ethernet network.. Meaning.. You can get an ethernet connection in any room that has a electrical outlet..

Click to Order Powerline adapter

Or, we can go with a wireless bridge.. What a wireless bridge does.. Is gather the wireless signal, and then.. Turn it into an ethernet signal.. It will get a much better connection then just the regular wireless you have. These can be a tad bit more difficult to setup then the above powerline adapters though.

I like this one by Zyxel, as its low cost, and actually re- transmits the wireless signal, extending the range of your entire wireless network

Click to order wireless Bridge / Extender

If you have any questions, let me know.

Please click the green accept button to show I have assisted you.

If you still need assistance, You can reply to this message at any time.
If my answer helped, please make sure to leave positive feedback on the screen that comes up after clicking accept. If my answer did not work, please wait to leave feedback till we get the issue fixed!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Dustin,

Thanks for the response....You said

"You will either need a more powerful router, or.. Connect the Blu ray by ethernet.."

So I went to Office Max. The salesperson said I should replace my Netgear router with their "Belkin"(never heard of them) N600DB router. Cost $80 bucks. (not much more than the Powerline adapter !!

Do you think that Belkin DB(dual band) would eliminate the "re-buffering" problem I'm getting on the Blu ray player? ......I noticed it didn't get very good ratings when I Googled Belkin.???

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
I wouldnt get Belkin Anything personally..

And even though I am biased against Belkin, Im still speaking with Experience.

I wouldnt buy anything from Office Max, theyre upcharging you..

Heres the same router, at a lower cost with Free Shipping

Click to order..

now, that being said. Maybe the router does have extra range, enough to push through your walls and get to the blu ray..

I still think the second option, for the wireless extender at half the cost of the router, is your best bet.

But ultimately, the choice is yours.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Sure, I can just purchase the "wireless extender" ZyXEL WAP3205 online as you recommend.

The only thing that scares me is the reviews (even your comment above) that say these can be tricky to set up. Believe me if anyone can screw it up I CAN. Frown

Do I set this extender up down in the video room or up next to my current Netgear router?

Conceptually, what's so difficult about setting it up?

Thanks,

Doug M.

ps I always thought "Ethernet" was a wired type connection. Surprised Guess I'll need to Google What is ethernet?

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
Ethernet is a wired connection.. You are correct about that.

As far as the Zyxel wireless extender. you wouldnt set it up next to the blu ray, and you wouldnt set it up next to the netgear.

You would want to find a point a little over half the distance between the Netgear.. and the Blu ray.. But closer to the blu ray..

What its going to do is, extend the existing network.. Now, as far as ease of setup. You have me, which may not make it a whole lot easier, but you wont be shooting blind... Ive set these up before. while it can be difficult, sometimes its very easy.. Either way. When you get the Zyxel, contact me onthis same exact question, And I will also help you set it up, since i reccomened it as a solution, I plan on seeing it through till we implement it successfully.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hmmm Right now it's 40 ft. from my router to the top of the stairs. Then 13 steps down to video room. Then 25 ft from bottom of stairs to the Blu ray player.

I could plug the exterder in downstairs but around the corner (more walls/ceilings to go through) about 10 feet from bottom of stairs.

Does that still make sense to you?

Doug M.

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
That does make sense.

I would either go. Right by the top of the stairs.. Or..

Right near the foot of the stairs. The foot of the stairs is your best bet.. But, if we get too far away, the extender will have a hard time catching the original signal..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

But there's no outlet either near the top of the stairs or the bottom of the stairs.

Does that kinda take me back to a more powerful router? If so what would you recommend given all the above considerations?

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
You mentioned.. Ten foot from the bottom of the stairs..

Lets try this. Take your laptop to the spot your suggesting.. And check the signal strength.. Make sure you stay in the same spot for a few minutes to give it a chance to stabilize.

how many bars do you get, at the spot you were mentioning we could use the extender at?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I get 2 bars at that location, and 3 bars at bottom of stairs and 4 bars at the top of the stairs, and 5 bars at the entry of my office (where the netgear router is)
Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
Ok.. Given the stairs, the location or possible locatons of extenders..

I dont think the Belkin router will work. If everything was on one level, Maybe it would strengthen the signal.. But with stairs and hallways involved.. Not likely happening.

so.. You best bet by far, is to order the powerline adapters.. These are also the easiest to set up

Click to Order Powerline adapter

The way it works, its elegantly simple. Your router, has to be plugged into a wal outlet for power

Your blu ray player, has to bve plugged into a wall outlet for power.

The power line adapter, makes use of those two wall outlets, and connects them together..

Then, you simply plug the blu ray player into the ethernet port on the wall adapter

and plug an ethernet cord from the router into the powerline adapter..

And your good to go.. No extra devices to setup, No fuss. And you have a solid connection just like you were directly plugging the blu ray player into the router.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Your blu ray player, has to bve plugged into a wall outlet for power. WHAT'S A BVE? THE BLU RAY PLAYER IS CURRENT PLUGGED INTO A MONSTER SURGE PROTECTOR (deep in the bowels of my entertainment system, though i do have access to it Smile.)

and plug an ethernet cord from the router into the powerline adapter.. OH !! SO I WOULD NEED TWO POWER LINE ADAPTERS?

ARE THESE ADAPTERS WHAT AMPLIFIES THE SIGNAL? THEN DOES THE ADDED POWER GO THROUGH THE ELECTRIC LINES OR SOMETHING?

YOU THINK THAT WILL GIVE BLU RAY ENOUGH POWER TO QUICKLY BUFFER AND PLAY A NETFLIX MOVIE?

Doug M.

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
The set i suggested, comes with two adapters.. ( because having just one, wouldnt do anything for us)

As far as the BVE, that was a typo, it was supposed to be , " be "

As far as amplifying the signal.. When using the adpaters, you will get a full strength connecton.. and, as long as your starting internet is fast enough to run netflix.. Then, when using the powerline adapters.

The Blu ray will be able to make use of your full internet speed, and run netflix without buffering.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Okay Dustin, I will get the following per your recommendationZyXEL PLA401v3 HomePlug AV 200 Mbps Powerline Wall-plug Adapter (Starter Kit - 2 units)

DO I NEED TO ORDER CABLES OR ANYTHING ELSE WITH THESE?

ETHERNET CABLES?

ETHERNET ADAPTERS?

????

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
Hmm.. Just two short cables, unless you have them

Two short ethernet cables.. If you dont have them already.

two of thee three footers, should do the trick

( and low cost )

Click to order

You only need a three footer, because your only going from the power plug, to the blu ray

and from the power plug, to the main router..

If you think three foot is cutting it too close, lets order the 7 foot model

Click to order

These are a third and fourth of the cost that walmart or target or any supplier carries them for. You dont want to get a 15, 25, or 50 foot cable. Not just because of the mess of extra cable, but because signal degrades over a longer cable. So, the shorter, the better.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

OKAY I'LL DO IT

JUST THREE MORE QUESTIONS

1. HOW DO I GET BACK TO THE ABOVE CONVERSATION ONCE I ACCEPT ANSWER?
  2. HOW DO I GET BACK TO YOU PERSONALLY? (FOR FOLLOW UP)
  3. HOW CAN I GET THE ABOVE ICON BAR WITH THE "EMOTICONS", ETC. ON MY COMPUTER?Smile
Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
This emoticon bar, is built into our chat system..

There are other emoticon bars you can get. It depends onyour browser / email

are you using Firefox? INternet explorer, Safari?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Internet explorer,

BUT The other two questions above are much more important !!!!!

• HOW DO I GET BACK TO THE ABOVE CONVERSATION ONCE I ACCEPT ANSWER?
  • HOW DO I GET BACK TO YOU PERSONALLY? (FOR FOLLOW UP)
  • Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
    The other two questions are far easier to answer!! So i asked about the browser first.

Ok, to get back to me. You just go to your email, and click on one of my messages, it opens, and you send me a reply.. That will get you back to me personally for a follow up. And it also will prevent you from having to lay a second deposit. ( even after you accept, as long as you come back to this message with me, you wont have to pay again)

Now that we have covered that.. The next part. the emoticons.

Thats kinda dangerous, our built in function, doesn install anything on your system.

Theres tons of free emoticon add ons out there. most of then are considered spyware. because the install stuff on your computer that give syou advertising popups, or, tries to push your websearching to specific pages. you could try the program below..

http://smileystoolbar.net/

Just be warned.. These fre programs have to make money somewhere, and it usually comes from advertising.
    Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Forget the emoticans !

HOW DO I REVIEW THE ABOVE CONVERSATION (ALONG WITH LINKS YOU RECOMMENDED?)

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
    You can come back to justanswer.com

log in

click my questions, then click our question.

And you can see every reply we have had back and forth..

I can also gather together the links we need to use here in one message

For the powerline adapter..

Click to Order Powerline adapter

For the cords needed...

3 ft short cable

Click to order

and the 7 foot model

Click to order

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, to review,

1. I plug on end of the adapter into an outlet (or power strip) near my device , and the other end (the ethernet end WHERE???
    Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
    Let me see if this will help simplify the setup

Thats how the router will plug in.

and the blu ray will plug in the same way!
    Customer: replied 3 years ago.

YOUR IMAGE DID NOT COME UP?????? JUST A BOX WITH AN "X" IN IT.

THEREFORE I COULDN'T SEE YOUR DIAGRAM

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
    Ok

click this link

it has a simple diagram

http://www.novacharter.com/2010/03/powerline-ethernet-adapter/
    Customer: replied 3 years ago.

GOT IT Smile

NOW SHOULD I ACCEPT ANSWER?

BTW.....I REALLY APPRECIATE YOUR HELP AND PATIENCE.

THANK YOU,

Doug Mullikin

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
    Your welcome Doug..

Yes, at this time, you would accept answer.. That wont cut off our communication in any way..

Let me know what adapters you went with. and ordered.. And when they arrive, get back to me so we can finish the setup, and get netflix running as it should be.
    D.Sandlin, Network Administrator
    Experience: 5 years as a Network Switching Systems Operator In the US ARMY (31F)
    Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mr. Sandlin

I was looking to hook up the Ethernet Power adapters, but I still have a problem understanding the diagram you referred me to.

I think I'm supposed to plug the adapter into the wall, and then hook the ethernet line from the wall to the router......Then from the router to the Modem !

My Netgear router only has ONE ethernet socket , and it goes to the Modem!

Then how do I connect it (the router) to both the Modem AND the Adapter per the diagram ???????

Doug Mullikin

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
    Apologies for the delay in getting back to you Doug.. Was offline yesterday, and today im traveling. I should be at my destination later this evening, and will look for your reply then.

I cant recall if ive asked you before.. But...

Whats the Full model number, of your current Netgear Router?
    Customer: replied 3 years ago.

ROUTER ==> NETGEAR N600 Dual Band Gigabit Router WNDR3700

BLU RAY ==> SAMSUNG BD-D5700 (Netflix imbedded in Blu-ray Player)

SEPERATE MODEM ==> SPEEDSTREAM 5100

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You asked for the model number of my NetGear router.

I have yet to receive your answer regarding hook-up of Router/Modem/Adapter since there doesn't seem to be enough ethernet ports?????

Doug Mullikin

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mr. Sandlin,

Are you still OUT THERE?

I need to know which way to go after you've studied my answers above !!!

OR DO I JUST GO BACK THROUGH THE "JUST ANSWER" PAGE AGAIN?

Doug Mullikin

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
    Apologies for the delay in getting back to you.. One of my bags didnt make it through transit, Just got it back this morning.. ( With my PC in it)

Ok.. you have the WNDR3700

on the back.. you should have these ports

WNDR3700 Rear panel

We want to plug the powerline adapters into any one of the four ports shown in section 3

The modem will still connect to section four as normal..

if you have further questions, Let me know!
    Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Soooo......The adapters plug with a "LAN port" Surprised

.And I presume the same goes for the blu ray player SAMSUNG BD-D5700 ???

I that's so the only issue I have left is DO THE ADAPTERS NEED TO BE PLUGGED INTO A GROUNDED WALL SOCKET?

I have an older house that doesn't have "3 prong sockets"

Sorry to hear about your travel delay problems Frown

Doug M.

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
    They dont have to be plugged into a grounded socket.

But, the adapters do need to be plugged into the same circuit. That shouldnt be an issue since your house should all be runing off the same lines..

It wold only be an issue if you were trying to run from your house, out to a garage, or to a second house..
    Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Okay, I'm assuming the Blu ray port will also work.

I'LL ORDER THE STUFF AND GET BACK WITH YOU TO (HOPEFULLY
    ) FINALIZE PROBLEM

BTW .....YOU DID CHECK MY BLU RAY PLAYER TO MAKE SURE THAT THAT WOULD BE COMPATIBLE ALSO DIDN'T YOU?

Thanks,

Doug Mullikin

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
    Yes Doug, Your Blu Ray Player is compatible... It is capable of running of an ethernet network.

And the powerline adapters provide ethernet.. When the stuff gets in, let me know and i can help you setup.. ( if you need it, though everything should go smooth)

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Will do....thank you

I'm still trying to get my mind wrapped around how my interface with blu ray is "just gonna happen", ???

Oh well, we'll see.

doug m.

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
    You plug the blu ray in to the adapter near the blu ray ( that plugs directly into the light socket)

Then, you plug the router into the adapter near the router

And its just like if you plugged the blu ray directly into a spare port on the router.

No different then if you had a very long cable!
    Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Amazing......I'll believe it when I see it Smile

I'll let you know.....thanks again

doug m.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Mr Sandlin,

I just got a 'followup' from "justanswer" regarding my initial question to you regarding Power adapter. I have not responded to it because.....

I recall you offering to followup on the solution(personally) once it is completed.

I have sent for the Adapters you recommended and should be getting them today of 1st part of next week.

At that time I'll plug 'em in and see if it all works. Then I'll give you feedback and/or further inquiries at that time.

IS THAT ACCEPTABLE FOR NOW?

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
    Hello Again Doug, I was taking some personal time, Sorry I didnt respond to you earlier.

The website sends out a lot of marketing promos to try and get returning customers, etc etc.

As far as you and I go. I consider myself still involved untill we have the adapters in hand, and everything set up and working

A follow up question could be something like, How to remove a virus from my computer, or how to install a better graphics card. Basically something not related to the original issue.

I look forward to hearing from you when you do get the adapters..

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi Mr. Sandlin,

1. The adapters came in (package included two 3' ethernet cables) Smile
    2. I plugged them into both the blu ray player(downstairs) and the router(upstairs)
    3. All lights turned on Smile
    4. I then turned on the blu ray player and it said "ONLINE" Smile
    5. BUT WHEN I NAVIGATED TO WWW AND NETFLIX I GOT A MESSAGE THAT SAID "NETWORK INTERFERENCE. PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER" Frown
    6. That makes me wonder how the network knows whether to use my router's WI-FI routing, or my adapter system routing that I just hooked up.
    7. What to do next?

thanks,

Doug M.

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
    Just to make sure.. Id like you to plug something up into the blu ray side of the adapters..

Such as a computer. and then see if It gets a signal properly..

Then, when you have the computer plugged into the adapter, try to go to netflix on the computer. What happens Dough?
    Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Just to make sure.. Id like you to plug something up into the blu ray side of the adapters.. I DID THAT WITH MY HP LAPTOP COMPUTER.

Such as a computer. and then see if It gets a signal properly.. YES! THEN I MADE SURE THE COMPUTER WAS NOT COMMUNICATING WITH MY ROUTER VIA "WIRELESS" (i.e. LAN OFF). WAS ABLE TO GET ON TO INTERNET VIA GOOGLE.

Then, when you have the computer plugged into the adapter, try to go to netflix on the computer. What happens Doug? NETFLIX COMES ON OKAY!

WHAT'S NEXT? Smile

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
    What comes next is.

The blu ray player, forgive me for asking but.. WHats the name brand and model?
    Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
    go into settings go to connection and choose LAN , Not Wireless.

Hopefully that should do the trick
    Customer: replied 3 years ago.

GO TO WHAT SETTINGS? WHERE? ON MY OFFICE COMPUTER OR WHAT?

(Note: I will now unplug the ethernet line from my laptop (downstairs) and re connect the downstairs adapter to the blu ray. As I said before, the blu ray player will say "online", but I don't know if it's "online via wireless" OR "online via Adapter". ???

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
    The steps I mentioned. are for the blu ray.
    We need to plug it back in

Turn it off and on and then go to settings, network. and choose LAN as the connection type, not wireless!
    Customer: replied 3 years ago.

We need to plug it back in....OKAY, I DID THAT !

Turn it off and on I DID THAT .......

and then go to settings, network. and choose LAN as the connection type, not wireless! I CAN'T GO TO SETTINGS/NETWORK/LAN ON THE BLU RAY CUZ IT DOESN'T SEEM TO HAVE THE CAPABILITY TO DO THIS..???

DO I DO THIS ON MY OFFICE COMPUTER, OR WHERE?

BY THE WAY.....THE BLU RAY IS ON, AND THE LED SCREEN SAYS "ONLINE",

AND THE TV ALLOWS ME TO GO TO THE INTERNET

....BUT WHEN I CLICK "NETFLIX" IT GIVES ME THE MESSAGE.....

"NETWORK INTERFERENCE, PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER".

Sorry I'm so dumb about all this stuff Frown

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
    No need to apologize.. question. You said the Tv allows tou to get to the internet.

How is the TV getting internet.. Through the blu ray or does it have its own wireless adapter?
    Customer: replied 3 years ago.

"How is the TV getting internet.. Through the blu ray" YES !!....."or does it have its own wireless adapter?" NO

BEFORE WE STARTED ALL THIS "POWER ADAPTER" STUFF, ALL MY STREAMING MOVIES FROM NETFLIX GOT TO THE TV via MY OFFICE ROUTER TO THE BLU RAY (via WIRELESS,) THEN TO THE "RECEIVER"(DOWNSTAIRS), AND ON TO THE TV USING THE LATEST AND GREATEST HDMI CABLES.

(ALL MY CABLE TV STUFF ALSO GOES THROUGH THE "RECEIVER" AND THEN TO THE TV MONITOR via HDMI.)

UPSTAIRS (IN MY OFFICE) THE INTERNET GOES THROUGH THE SPEEDSTREAM MODEM, THEN THROUGH A ROUTER. THE ROUTER FARMS IT OUT (to other computers) via FOUR "WIRED" ETHERNET PORTS PLUS "WIRELESS CAPABILITY" TO THE BLU RAY DOWNSTAIRS.

(NOTE: ONE OF THOSE ETHERNET PORTS ON MY ROUTER SEEMS TO BE QUITE SUCCESSFULLY HOOKED TO MY HOME ELECTRICAL SYSTEM VIA THE ADAPTERS YOU REFERRED ME TO.....YEA!)Smile

Long winded answer to your simple question.....just thought the explanation would help.

doug m.

LONG ANSWER TO YOUR SIMPLE QUESTION...

DOUG M.

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
    Thanks Doug..

Ok.. so the adapters worked like a charm for the radio huh?

Ok.. Lets try this. disconnect the radio from the adapters so the blu ray is the only thing using the adapter

turn the blu ray off and on.. and then try netflix again.. any progress?
    Customer: replied 3 years ago.

A RADIO ???.......SORRY.....I DIDN'T EVEN MENTION "A RADIO".!

HOWEVER, I HAVE ALREADY DISCONNTCTED MY LAPTOP COMPUTER FROM THE ADAPTER, AND RE-CONNECTED THE ADAPTER TO THE BLU RAY.

THE ONLY OTHER THING THE BLU RAY IS CONNECTED TO IS

1. THE POWER SOURCE TO DRIVE IT
    2. THE RECEIVER (WHICH RECEIVES VIDEO & SOUND FROM BLU RAY(via HDMI). THE VIDEO GOES TO THE MONITOR via HDMI, AND THE SOUND GOES TO THE SPEAKERS.

WHAT AM I MISSING HERE?

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
    Sorry.. Somehow i read home electrical system as home entertainment system..

My mistake. Ok. Moving along..

On the blu ray player. if you use the remote

and go into the settings. do you see a network section?

If so, tell me what you see in there, and we will go from there.. Thanks!
    Customer: replied 3 years ago.

and go into the settings. do you see a network section? YES

If so, tell me what you see in there, and we will go from there

AHA!

1. "Network Settings....... Wired, Wireless, WPS(PBC), & One foot connection
    2. "Network Status
    3. "BD - Live Internet Connection : Allow(Valid Only)

What's next?

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
    click network settings.

Then. make sure to that it is using the lan
    Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I DID THAT ALREADY

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here
    IS THAT IT? (IT SURE MAKES SENSE). I CAN NOW SEE HOW THE LAN SYSTEM COULD HAVE BEEN CONFLICTING WITH THE WIRELESS SYSTEM.!!!

I'LL GIVE IT A GO AND GET BACK TO YOU WITH RESULTS LATER. .

THANK YOU!

Doug M.

Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
    Ok.. im going to be signing off for the night Doug, Will look for your responses in the morning!
    Customer: replied 3 years ago.

WELL, RESULTS SEEM TO BE GREAT !

As a said above, I saw the logic of the conflict that my router had, and with your help I'm pretty satisfied that the "Lack of strong signal from my NetGear to the Blu ray has been solved

Register Here

In order to get to the "System Setting" on the blu ray, I had to put aside my universal remote, and get out the blu ray remote......Duh

Register Here

I come from the "BC" (before computers) era, and still have my old engineer's slide rule to prove it. So, when I see something like this Powerline Adapter Technology come along that can send a movie through my home electrical system, I am truly impressed.

Oh, don't forget....the next time you recommend the ZyXEL PLA-401 v3, IT COMES WITH TWO 3 ft. ethernet cables to boot! (I did need a 7 ft one for the blu ray hook-up however.)

My wife couldn't believe I was spending all that time running up and down stairs, but this weekend I hope to impress her with the newly found speed of watching Netflix movies.

I'm also impressed with the "JustAnswer" system. How will I get you personally the next time I have a different system problem?

Let me know, then we'll close this issue out. with another +ve feedback response

Register Here

best regards,

Doug Mullikin