Bernie
Bernie, Network Technician
Experience:  6+ years experience, Microsoft MCDST/CompTia A+ Certified
46068869

My wireless network will not accept password

Customer Question

Category: Networking
Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
Hi there and welcome to Justanswer.

To fix your problem, I will need this info:

What is the model of your wireless router (D-Link, Netgear, Belkin, etc)?

Please use the box at the bottom of this page to reply.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Netgear Wireless -N Rauter WNDK3300
Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
On a computer that is already connected to the router wired or wirelessly:

Go here: http://routerlogin.net/ > To login the username is admin, and the password is password (or 1234) > Click Wireless Settings

On that page look for a key #1, passphrase, or preshared key box, it will have/show your wireless network password. Please verify this is the password you are using on the new computer you're trying to connect.

*Please acknowledge my answer by pressing the Accept Answer button, that is solely how I am compensated for my efforts if satisfied, if not please get back to me first.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I put 1234 in for password and said incorrect password
Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
You've tried both password

and 1234

correct?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

Correct

I have a new IPAD that I am trying to gen online in wireless network.

I have doctor appointment, must go now, please email answer. thanks

Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
Absolutely - you can post back to this page at any time.

If it still doesn't take the password or 1234 to get into the router setup page:

Then here is what you must do - Press the reset hole on the back of your router with a paper clip for 30 seconds > After that, Unplug the power cord from the back of the modem and router for 5 seconds then replug

Wait until the lights on each have stabalized, then try to reconnect to your network, which will now be listed as NETGEAR

Note, the reset will *temporarily* disconnect your internet before you connect again

Then:

Now, your network is on a clean slate, so you can actually create a new network key yourself:

Click here: http://routerlogin.net/ > To login the username is admin, and the password is password (or 1234) > On the left click Wireless Settings

In the SSID box type a name for your network > Pick WPA-PSK for the security type > In the passphrase box make a password, at least 10 characters > Apply and exit

This will temporarily disconnect the internet until you reconnect to it with it's new SSID name and password you just made.

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Thankyou, but before I accept your answer I want to try it first... I'm sure you understand.
Expert:  Bernie replied 5 years ago.
Absolutely - please keep me updated