Engineer John C., Networking Expert
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer. Cisco, Microsoft and A+ certified.
23822421

I cant remember my network password. How can I retrieve i

I can't remember my network password. How can I retrieve it.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 5 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I enjoy solving computer, printer and networking issues, so I will be very happy and will do my best to help you.

What's your router brand and model? Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Netgear WGR614
Ok, thank you Sir/Madam. Please follow ALL the steps below from your computer already connected to the wireless network and you will see the password:

1- Click here ---> 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

2- Default username is admin and password XXXXX password

3- Once logged in, click Wireless Settings

4- Your network key (passphrase) will be under "Security Options". If you see more than one password XXXXX with all of them.

5- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

6- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Both of the addresses in the first step return "cannot be found"
OK, let's try with another way. Please follow the steps below from your computer already connected to internet, and you will see the network password.

Click here ----->www.fileanswer.com

Then click on "WView32"

Then click "Run" or "OPEN" when prompted. Otherwise click Save and save the file to your desktop, then double click it to run it.

And you will see your password XXXXX (under Key(HEX) and Key(Ascii), try both)

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid, that's the only way for me to be compensated for my time (Even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us I need you to click Accept for me to be paid from JustAnswer. And even if you have a regular account and see the holding charge in your credit/debit/PayPal account, I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Thank you

John Cappucci