Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.

help connecting netgear push2tv 2000 - using a hp pavilion

help connecting netgear push2tv 2000 - using a hp pavilion with i5 - had to download wireless display from intel - laptop finds the connect but I get a "unable to desktop to remote display" message. I have uninstalled intel widi - unplugged the push2tv - used the reset on the adapter, shut down laptop, etc. I am ready to return the netgear any suggestions
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 5 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using

What is the exact model of your hp pavilion with i5 processor computer?

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The laptop is a Pavilion dv7-4087 cl - with intel core i5 430m 2.26 ghz turbo boost up to 2.53 ghz, 6144mb ddr3 sdram (2 dimm), graphics is ATI mobility Radeon HD 5470 switchable graphics with 512mb ddr3 dedicated graphics memory.

The netgear is PTV2000-100NAS

the laptop did not come with intel wireless display - I downloaded the software and it is the up to date.

The laptop and the VIZIO TV (HD) connect - and I get a message it is connecting, the light on the netgear goes from red to green - then I get the "unable to connect....." message on the laptop. I disabled Norton security and disconnected the internet connection and I'm at a loss.
Unfortunately, this laptop model dv7-4087cl is not compatible with any Push2TV device as it does not have wireless display hardware built-in. Connecting from laptop to TV via wireless is a new technology, so on a few laptop brands and models are supported. You can click below for a full list of what laptops are compatible with Push2TV device

Please let me know if you have any further question or other computer issue.