Justin
Justin, Certified Networking Engineer
Experience:  Network Specialist Degree, A+/Net+ Certs, 10 years Contract IT/Network Administration
2888018

how to access my Netflix on playstation 3 how to get password

how to access my Netflix on playstation 3? how to get password XXXXX sign-in-id to be the same? before network shut down had used hotmail account as Sign-In-ID with new and current password XXXXX Playstation 3. what has to be changed again?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Justin replied 3 years ago.

jnayes :

Greetings and welcome to Justanswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be the expert assisting you with your issue. Please reply when you are here (type in the chatbox below, click reply or hit enter). If I am online, be sure to give me a couple minutes to respond.

jnayes :

The network outtage of the Playstation network wreaked havoc on all accounts (which I'm sure you're aware)

jnayes :

so just so i'm on the same page. You CAN sign into the playstation network after the update, just not netflix?

Customer:

yes thats correct

jnayes :

Alright, let's just do a quick password XXXXX of your netflix account in case the cached password XXXXX the PS3 is the culprit

jnayes :

Click this link:

jnayes :

Type in your email, it will send you a form with links to follow to initiate a password XXXXX of your netflix account

jnayes :

update the password, then try logging in with the PS3. Let me know your progress, I'll wait

Customer:

type it in on here or ps3?

jnayes :

Did you already do the password XXXXX?

jnayes :

If you did, using the new password, I would like you to try to sign in to netflix on the Ps3

Customer:

no i didnt do password XXXXX so i start where to do that? all these problems are new to me

jnayes :

I had posted you the link, but I'll describe the steps to you instead

jnayes :

go to www.netflix.com On the upper right where it says Member Sign In. Click that

jnayes :

Then on the upper right (under where you sign in) click "need help signing in"

jnayes :

Then insert your email address

jnayes :

Check your email for the reset form they sent you, click the link provided in the email

jnayes :

change your password XXXXX anything you'd like (don't forget it)

jnayes :

once changed, attempt to sign in with the new password XXXXX Netflix on the Ps3.

Customer:

ok

jnayes :

I'll wait, just let me know if you run into any trouble

Customer:

ok

jnayes :

How we doing, any luck?

Customer:

thats not working either so how about this can you just clear out everything and let me start from beginning using this XXXXX@XXXXXX.XXX so the ps3 and netflix can be the sameonly different passwords?

Customer:

gmail account is thru cell phone and thats another problem

jnayes :

Go to www.netflix.com

jnayes :

click member sign in

jnayes :

sign in with your email and password

jnayes :

to confirm you can even get into your netflix account

jnayes :

Your PS3 and your computer use the same login credentials to get into netflix. So if you can't log in from the site I gave you, the PS3 will be unable to log in. Thus why I mentioned doing a password XXXXX

Customer:

ok

jnayes :

Any luck?

Customer:

ok thanks think i got it now.

jnayes :

Great, I had the accept button locked until we got you sorted out

jnayes :

Its unlocked now, so if you have been satisfied with my assistance you may click Accept now on the bottom right. You’ll be presented with the option afterwards to leave positive feedback and/or tips. Both are highly appreciated but NOT required. Thank you.

Customer:

you were very helpful

jnayes :

Glad to be of assitance =)

jnayes :

*assistance

Justin, Certified Networking Engineer
Experience: Network Specialist Degree, A+/Net+ Certs, 10 years Contract IT/Network Administration