Viet - Network Tech
Viet - Network Tech, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Great troubleshooting skills with computer and network.
30037186

how do i get the wpa2 passphrase so i can link up my xbox

Customer Question

how do i get the wpa2 passphrase? so i can link up my xbox360
Category: Networking
Expert:  Viet - Network Tech replied 5 years ago.
Hi, and thanks for using JustAnswer.

Please tell me the brand and model of your wireless router.

Thanks,
-Viet
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
netgear wnr1000-2vcnas
Please go to http://www.routerlogin.net/, and login with:
  • Username = admin
  • Password = password

Then look for the Wireless / security option to get the wireless / security password / key / passphrase.

Thanks,
-Viet
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

this is a page ive seen before but i dont know where to login there is no place for it. its the support home page, i dont know if im in the right spot.

Sorry, can you please click on Start->All programs->Accessories->Command prompt, then type ipconfig and press Enter, then tell me the Default gateway . Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
76.119.60.1
That does not look like you have the router connected. Is the router connected to your modem, and the router connected to a computer? Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

what i have is a digital broadband box that has a phone hook up, from that a connection goes to the router, and the modem is hooked up to the computer.

I'm not sure how you setup your network, but the Internet modem must be connected to the Netgear router in order to use wireless Internet. Do you have a any wireless computer/laptop? Thanks.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.

no

Can you connect the modem to the router's Internet/WAN port, then the computer to one of the router's network ports. Then try again: go to http://www.routerlogin.net/, and login with:
  • Username = admin
  • Password = password

Then look for the Wireless / security option to set / get the wireless / security password / key / passphrase.

Thanks,
-Viet
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
well i tryed it didnt work because of the phone box that comcast gave me in order to have a land line. the info on this box is an RCA by Thompson model# XXXXX does this give you any idea on what to do. i have a modem, router, computer, and that box listed above and its all wired together somehow.
Let's try this: connect the modem to the router's Internet/WAN port, then the computer to one of the router's network ports; make sure all devices have power adapters connected and power lights are on. Then use a paper clip to press & hold the tiny reset button/hole located on the RAC modem for about 10 seconds, then wait a few minutes and see if you can access the Internet on the computer.

Thanks,
-Viet
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
no dice! still won't connect.
This is complicated. You can try the following: click Start->All programs->Accessories->Command prompt, then type ipconfig /all and press Enter, then note the MAC address of the Local Area Network connection (the one for 76.119.60.1 ). Now, connect the modem to the router's Internet/WAN port, then the computer to one of the router's network ports. Then go to http://www.routerlogin.net/, and login with:
  • Username = admin
  • Password = password
And look for all the settings to get the option to clone your PC/Computer's MAC address (or enter the MAC address you've noted above if needed).

If that does not work, the comcast modem prevents you from using the router/multiple computers, so you can contact comcast.

Thanks,
-Viet
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
i guess i'll have to call comcast. what an absolute aggrevation!! lol thank for trying and taking the time to help Smile.
You're welcome. Sorry about that; if you have any other question for me later, please let me know any time. Good luck! Thanks.