Freddy M.
Freddy M., Technician
Experience:  Technician with years of IT and customer support experience
15852642

How do I find my password XXXXX my Cisco router wireless

Category: Networking
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.
What model is it? It should be something like wrt54g or E4200 for example.
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
E1000
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 5 years ago.

Step 1:
On the main screen of Cisco Connect window, select Valet settings if you're using Valet and select Router settings for Linksys Wireless-N Router.

NOTE: To learn how to to launch Cisco Connect using a Windows or a Mac computer, click here.

For Valet Hotspots:

For Wireless-N Routers:
NOTE: Cisco Valet is currently available in the U.S. and Canada only. The Linksys E2100L router is only available in the U.S.
Step 2:
On the Personalize category, click Change to modify your Valet or Wireless-N router’s name and password.

NOTE: When changing your Valet or Linksys Wireless-N Router name and password, it is recommended that you click on the Change option in the Cisco Connect software. Changing the name and password using the Advanced settings option or web-based setup page will prevent you from using Cisco Connect. However, if you have the latest version of Cisco Connect installed, it will automatically re-synch the router settings to the Cisco Connect software.

NOTE: A confirmation window will appear to confirm that you are changing your Valet or Linksys Wireless-N Router name or password. Click Yes to continue.

Step 3:
On the Change Valet name and password screen, enter a name that you prefer for your wireless network under the Valet name or Router name field, then enter a password XXXXX 8-63 characters. When you're done, click Change.

NOTE: It is recommended to create or update the Easy Setup Key that came with your Valet Hotspot/Wireless-N router right after completing the installation. This will allow you to save your security settings such as your Wireless Network Name (SSID) and Password so you can easily connect other devices to your network. To know how to format, create or update your Easy Setup Key, click here.

Step 4:
Cisco Connect will automatically update the settings when you check the Valet settings or Router settings details. Take note of your password. Click Finish to return to the main screen.

NOTE: The newly created wireless security or password XXXXX is also the password XXXXX will use to access the web-based setup page of your Valet hotspot or Linksys wireless-N router.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please click "Accept” so I am paid for my time. I am only paid if you click Accept”.

(Even if you are a subscription or trial member you must click "Accept" for me to be paid.)

If my answer did not work please let me know instead of giving negative feedback.

A Bonus and Positive Feed Back is appreciated.