Claws224, IEEE Network Engineer
Experience:  IEEE, Microsoft
5195814

My Belkin router is flashing yellow on the wireless connection.

My Belkin router is flashing yellow on the wireless connection. I have reset it three times, but still no wireless connection.

After you reset the wireless router can you tellus what you did to reconnect your computer to the wireless?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The computer that I'm trying to connect wireless is windows 7. I went through the process specified by the wizard.

Ok,

Can you go to a machine that can get online through the router using a hardwire then open an Internet browser Window and type http://192.168.1.1 then hit enter to open the routers login page and just leave the password XXXXX and hit submit to get into the configuration pages.

Once logged in can you click on the Wireless tab in the setup page and then copy down the wireless key that is already set and the security type and let me know what it says.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I went online on this computer which is connected to the router, but that page wouldn't come up. Got the cannot display this page.

Ok,

Can you try clicking this link http://192.168.0.1 and letting me know if you can then check the setup or not

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Same result

Ok,

Can you click Start and then can you type CMD in the run box then hit enter to open a DOS window, Or if you use Vista or 7 can you click start then type cmd into the search box at the bottom of the start menu then hit enter to open the DOS window.

When the window opens can you type ipconfig then hit enter and make a note of the Default Gateway address which should be something like 192.168.1.1

Once you have that can you open a web page and type the address lin this format http://192.168.1.1 and hit enter then let me know if you can get into the router

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
The address is 192.168.2.1 and I got into the router

Great,

Can you tell me what you found for the security type and the password XXXXX is the password XXXXX same as what you had written down from using the wizard?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Encription is wep. The password XXXXX XXXXX than the key I had.

Ok,

That is what I wanted to check, So now you have the correct password XXXXX you go to your machine and see if it will now connect you to your router so you can then get online

Let me know what happens

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
That password XXXXX up a error message. The password XXXXX XXXXX digits, but it is asking for a 26 digit code. That is what I had tryed before.

Ok,

Can you go back into the router and change the security type to WPA2-Personal or WPA2 (AES) and then enter your choice of password, If in doubt just use your phone number with area code and then save your changes and wait 2 minutes then see if you can connect with the password XXXXX just set.

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I reset the router, but it says that I have to reset the router. I can't do that without losing you.

Ok,

Why did you reset the router?

Could you not just manually choose the new security type and enter your password?

Thanks

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
I did the change manually and the security is no longer blinking, but the computer still picks it up as wep. I will try rebooting the computer.

Ok,

I was panicking for a moment as I thought you were going to reset the router again and loose the settings

If you could restart then follow the link you should have been emailed which will bring you back here so we can continue.

If you still cannot connect can you click start then run and type winver int he run box and hit enter then let me know what it shows for your Service pack (SP) number.

Thanks