Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Network Engineer
Experience:  Computer Business Owner / Former DoD Network Specialist
40218039

How do I find the security code and password XXXXX my wi-fi

Category: Networking
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 6 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

Do you have any computers currently wirelessly connected to the wireless network?

If so, what operating system (Windows XP/Vista/7) is that machine running?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No.
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 6 years ago.
Okay, what is the make and model of your router?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Cisco SBV5222 SURFboard Digital Voice Modem
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 6 years ago.
This is the default path for how to access the security key.

From a hardwired computer, open a web browser and type in http://192.168.100.1 in the address bar and press enter. (If someone else has configured this, you will need to contact them for this information).

For the username use admin and the password XXXXX motorola (all lower case for both, if someone else has configured this, you will need to contact them for this information).

From here, go to the Wireless tab and then Wireless Security. From here, you will be able to view the security key for your network.

Let me know if you need further assistance.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Someone else configured the router. I asked him for info and he has no clue. Now what?
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 6 years ago.
Well, you can reset the router and reconfigure it yourself... That's pretty much the only option if you have no other computers that are currently wirelessly connected.

Look on the back of the device, near the ports. There should be a hole about a quarter centimeter in diameter. With the power on the device, use a paper clip to push and hold in the button on the inside of the hole (you should feel/hear the button press down) for 60 consecutive seconds. If you release early, start over the 60 seconds.

Upon the end of the 60 seconds, unplug power to the device, wait 15 seconds, and plug in power.

Allow the device to sync up with your ISP (between 30 seconds to 3 minutes) and then see if you can get online with the hardwired machine.

From there, you will need to follow the instructions about to access your wireless security and configure it.