sandy
sandy, Networking Engineer
Experience:  B.Tech.
33602187

Sites on my computer are blocked by Netgear Firewall, how can

Customer Question

Sites on my computer are blocked by Netgear Firewall, how can I unblock it, I am not so sure of the Administrator's name on this computer nor the password
Category: Networking
Expert:  sandy replied 5 years ago.
Hello My Friend,

Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is Sandy and I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician who will assist you today.

As soon as you restart your computer, please tell me how many user account you see there.
could you please explain which websites does netgear stops?
Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Netgear blocked my email pages, as well as Facebook and every page I was trying to open. If I am not mistaken there are two users on this computer, since my son set it up
Expert:  sandy replied 5 years ago.
First of all, let us the fix the issue related to netgear.

In order to remove the Firewall, you need to reset your netgear router as under:

Please follow the steps given below:

1. Reset your router.

http://kbserver.netgear.com/media/flash/training/Troubleshooting/NG_WGR614V9Router_TS_LostPassword.html

Note: This will disconnect internet services on all of the computer once but, you will be connected once you try to connect to them again.

Once you reset it sucessfully, please try to connect wireless. If it still asks for password, please disconnect the cables connecting the modem, router and computer and turn them off.Now, please connect the cables back in and restart modem first, second router and then computer.

Note: Generally, Troubleshooting require more than once contact. If not fixed, please ask me again and I will provide you new steps immediately. Please do not leave negative feedback.
Confirm MY(SANDY expert's assistance by pressing the ACCEPT button. Bonus and Positive Feedback would be highly appreciated.