Erik B.
Erik B., Network Admin
Experience:  8 Years Experience, MCSE, MCP

How do I find the access point name/network name and the network

How do I find the access point name/network name and the network key for my Linksys Wireless-G broadband router (WRT54G Ver 6)?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Erik B. replied 5 years ago.

Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

You can attempt to recover that information directly from the router itself using these instructions. Please let me know if you get stuck. Thanks!

1. Open your Internet browser (Internet Explorer, Safari, etc) and go to
  2. When prompted, leave the username blank and type admin for the password. These are the default values and may not work on your router. Please let me know if they do not.
  3. When the router's configuration opens, click on the Wireless tab. Here your wireless network name will be displayed in the SSID box.
  4. Next click on the Wireless Security sub-tab. Here your password XXXXX be displayed in plain text. If you are using WEP, it will be listed in the Key #1 box. If you are using WPA, it will be listed in the Pre-Shared Key box (may also be called the Passphrase box).