Mr. Clark
Mr. Clark, Network Engineer
Experience:  Computer Business Owner / Former DoD Network Specialist
40218039

I cannot connect to the iTunes store from my computer PC which

I cannot connect to the iTunes store from my computer PC which is plugged into the router but I can from wireless. I have tried everything with the computer am told by apple that it is the router. What can I do to fix? Have a Netgear wireless router WNDR 3300 the error code for itunes store is: iTunes could not connect to the itunes store. An unknown error occurred -3221. Ran diagnostics and internet access was verified but secure link to itunes store failed. When I click on help for that it tells me my computer is not connected to the internet. This is the only web site this happens with.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.

Do you have McAfee Personal Firewall Plus or some other software firewall program installed on your machine?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I had McAfee but uninstalled completely when I was working with Apple to try to solve the problem.
Expert:  Steve replied 3 years ago.
Check to see if your windows firewall is on. If it is go ahead and disable it. If that resolves the issue we can then work on re-enabling it and allowing itunes to go through it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Already tried that, did not work. Tried again did not work.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Still no ability to connect to the Itunes store everything else works. Now with Turbo Tax I am running into the same problem. Says I am not connected to the internet but I was able to download the needed info from Turbo Tax web site but something with my computer is not allowing certain programs to connect to the internet I have uninstalled McAffee and disabled the Windows firewall, still does not work. I checked the exceptions on the Firewall and both Turbo Tax and iTunes were checked.
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
Hello. Welcome to JustAnswer, a paid global support site.

Let's make sure that your McAfee applications are uninstalled.

Go to (http://service.mcafee.com/FAQDocument.aspx?id=TS100507) and scroll down to STEP 2.

Click the MCPR.exe download link in #1 of STEP 2 and run that application.

Reboot your machine upon completion.

Now go to Start -> Control Panel -> Administrative Tools -> Services

Find Windows Firewall, right click and select Stop.

Now attempt to connect with iTunes, update me on the results.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It worked!!!! Thank you now what do I do about the Firewall?
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
Let's see what is going on with the Firewall.... Obviously, there must be some ports being blocked.

Go to back Services and then right click Windows Firewall and select Start.

See if you can connect to iTunes. Let me know if it fails.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I did as instructed and was able to connect. Did I need to restart the computer after starting the fire wall?
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
No. You don't.

Go to Start -> Control Panel -> Windows Firewall

Can you list everything that has a checkmark please?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do you mean under exceptions?
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
Yes please.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
There are alot is there a way to cut and paste? Sorry
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
Unforunately no... But we need to know what is there, because there is a rule in there that is blocking iTunes...

The other option would be to reinstall Windows from scratch, but I'm not sure you want to go that route (if you do, let me know).
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
But it is working now. It is not just from what was left of McAfee? Will list exceptions
Expert:  replied 3 years ago.
I misunderstood earlier. My apologies.

No need to list them.

The issue was McAfee. Now that it is uninstalled, you are good to go.
Mr. Clark, Network Engineer
Experience: Computer Business Owner / Former DoD Network Specialist
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thank you so much! I have been trying to fix this for 2 months previous people were unable to help. Since I typed them here they are if you want to take a quick look. Will then accept answer.

Ad-Aware

America online 9.0

AOL

AOL

AOL

AOL

AOL

AOL Loader

AOL Open Ride

AOL Services

AOL System Information

AOL Top Speed

Big Fish Games

Bonjour Services

Cake Mania 3

Diner Dash Seasonal

Easy Share

Fly Monitor.exe

Fly World exe

IncrediMail

IncrediMail

IncrediMail

IncrediMail

Internet Checkers

iTunes

McAfee Network Agent

Mozilla Firefox

Network Diagnostics for Windows XP

Play Wizard 101

Plugin Container for Firefox

Remote Assistance

Svchost

TCP

Turbo Tax

Turbo Tax

Turbo Tax Update Manager

Turbo Tax Update Manager

UDP

Yahoo! FT Server

Yahoo! Messenger

Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
It had to be McAfee. Sorry for having you type it all up.

Anyway, glad to hear you are good to go! Have a great night!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks again, any way to request you in the future?
Expert:  Mr. Clark replied 3 years ago.
No problem. You should be able to from this link : http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=40218039