Engineer John C., Networking Expert
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer. Cisco, Microsoft and A+ certified.
23822421

what is my password XXXXX cisco linksys E1000 or how do i find

Customer Question

what is my password XXXXX cisco linksys E1000 or how do i find it i have lost connection to my
ipad(don't remember that password) reset my cisco now i need a password XXXXX connect then
how do i connect back to my ipad
Category: Networking
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 3 years ago.
Please remember to scroll down and click the green ACCEPT button ONLY if we solve the issue, for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or trial plan with us, and even if you see the holding charge in your credit/debit account I need you to click Accept for the money to be released to me)

Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you.

Ok, please follow ALL the steps below from your computer already connected to the wireless network and you will see the password:

1- Click here ---> 192.168.1.1

2- You will be prompted for a login - leave the username blank and enter "admin" without the quotes for the password.

3- Once logged in, click Wireless, then click Wireless Security in the submenu below it. (If the "Wireless Security" option is not there, then click "Basic Wireless Settings")

4- Your network key (passphrase) will be on the bottom of this page. If you see more than one password XXXXX with all of them.

5- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

6- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
this did nothing help
What Operative System version do you have on your wireless computerS ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?)

Thank you
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i have an ipad that i am trying to connect to
====> What Operative System version do you have on your wireless computerS ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
its is an ipad so it is a mac. but what i need to know is how to find out the password for cisco linksys e1000 so i can access the wifi i dont know if im asking the correct question because i am really tech challenged
OK. but what Operative System version do you have on your wireless COMPUTERS ? (Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, etc?) Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I don't have a wireless computer I have windows vista on my desk to and my ipad
OK. The default password for the E1000 is password in lowercase. If that doesn't work, then you will need to reset the router following the steps below:

Ok, please follow the steps below to reset the router. Please note the wireless network name will be changed to "linksys" or "Cisco" and no password will be asked (we can setup a password after all is working OK)

1- Make sure the wireless router is turned ON.

2- Press and hold down the "reset" button on the back of your router for 30 seconds. The reset button is inside a very tiny hole on the back of the router. Please use a paper clip to push it for 30 seconds

3- Then release the button and wait 60 seconds. (yes, 60 seconds please)

4- Then unplug the router from the electricity outlet, wait 10 seconds and replug it to the electricity outlet

5- Make sure the internet modem is connected to the "WAN" or the "Internet" port on the back of the router

6- Unplug the internet modem from the electricity outlet, wait 10 seconds and then replug it to the electricity outlet.

7- Wait 5 minutes (yes, 5 minutes please)

8- Then connect from the iPad to the "Cisco" wireless network. When you are prompted to enter a password, enter the word password in lowercase.

Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci