Network Tech
Network Tech, LAN/WAN Engineer
Experience:  LAN Admin and Engineering Certification UCSC
30013869

How do i connect my iPad to my current office network

How do i connect my iPad to my current office network?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Network Tech replied 3 years ago.

Richard :

Hello, Thank You for allowing me to assist you with your question today!

Customer:

Good Morning

Customer:

?

Richard :

1. On the Home screen, tap Settings. Your iPad displays the Settings screen. 2. Tap Wi-Fi. The Wi-Fi Networks screen appears, and the Choose a Network list shows you
the available Wi-Fi networks.
3. Tap the network you want to use. If the network is protected by a password, your iPad prompts you to enter the password.
4. Use the keyboard to tap the password. 5. Tap Join. The iPad connects to the network and adds the Wi-Fi network signal strength
icon to the status bar.

Customer:

I am connected to my office WIFI but how do I "see" other computers from my iPad?

Customer:

Do I need to do something on the wireless router?

Richard :

That is not a typical function of the iPad.

Customer:

Does that mean I cannot share files between my iPad and my office computer?

Richard :

What type of files did you have in mind?

Customer:

Primarily, Word Documents and pdf files. I have installed the app "pages" on my iPad.

Richard :

iDisk, DropBox and Google Docs will allow you to make your documents portable.

Customer:

Are those apps for the iPad?

Richard :

How to copy files using File Sharing

1. Connect iPad to your computer using the included Dock Connector to USB cable.

2. Launch iTunes 9.1 or later on your computer.

3. Select your iPad from the Devices section of iTunes.
    [IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]130.5194805194805[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

4. Click the Apps tab and scroll down to the bottom of the page.
    Note: If you do not see the File Sharing section shown in the image below, your iPad does not have any apps that support File Sharing.
    [IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]147.46543778801842[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

Richard :

Under the File Sharing section, you’ll find a list of apps currently installed on your iPad that support File Sharing. Select an app to view a list of the files associated with that app on your iPad.
[IMAGE][SRC][/SRC][ALT][/ALT][WIDTH]212.62458471760797[/WIDTH][HEIGHT]100[/HEIGHT][STYLE][/STYLE][/IMAGE]

Richard :

Sorry the images did you appear.

Richard :

DropBox is an App for the iPad.

Richard :

Here's the link to the above. http://support.apple.com/kb/ht4094

Customer:

No problem. I found it. It says: "The apps listed below can transfer documents between your iPad and this computer." I guess I just do not know how to do that.

Richard :

Fine business.

Customer:

I managed to make it work

Customer:

Thank you

Richard :

Great. Enjoy your day.

Customer:

You too.

Network Tech, LAN/WAN Engineer
Experience: LAN Admin and Engineering Certification UCSC