bbl242003
bbl242003, Network Architect
Experience:  BA, AND AA in Network + Security + and A+ certified through Comptia International Recognized

trying to hook up a foscam wireless camera and cant get it

trying to hook up a foscam wireless camera and cant get it to connect to the router
Category: Networking
Expert:  bbl242003 replied 3 years ago.
Hello welcome,

what is the model number for "foscam wireless camera"

Once you send this information to me, I will provide an accurate solution for setup and accessing system interface so that we may access the cam via the router.

THANK YOU
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
f18918w
Expert:  bbl242003 replied 3 years ago.
THANK YOU, XXXXX XXXXX YOUR SOLUTION NOW.

APPRECIATE YOUR PATIENCE THUS FAR!

BRUCE
Expert:  bbl242003 replied 3 years ago.
THIS IS THE WEBSITE YOU WILL NEED TO DOWNLOAD THE UPDATED TOOLS PACKAGE FROM

http://foscam.com/dow.asp?anid=6

YOU WILL SEE SOMETHING THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS

FI8918/FI8918W
sw upgrade package
IPCam Tools Setup
User Manual

SELECT THE IP TOOLS SETUP PACKAGE, WHEN SETTING UP THE UNIT FOR THE FIRST TIME, DO NOT ATTEMPT TO DO IT WIRELESSLY, IT WILL NOT WORK

RUN THE INSTALL FOR THE TOOLS SETUP

Bruce B- Unless you Press ACCEPT, I get nothing.Your funds are a deposit to JustAnswer NOT me.

THEN FOLLOW THESE STEP BY STEP SO THAT WE MAY RECONFIGURE THE INTERFACE TO WORK ON YOUR ROUTER,

********************KEEP IN MIND THAT YOU MUST BE CONNECTED VIA HARD CABLE DIRECTLY WITH NO EXTRA HUBS OR SWITCHES, THE UNIT MUST BE DIRECTLY CONNECTED TO THE ROUTER PORT/S

You can access the camera through IP Camera Tool or IE, Firefox, Google chrome, safari or other stand browser directly.
(1) Double click the IP address of the IP Camera listed (Figure 2.1).The browser you use will be opened automatically and display the camera login page.
(2) Access the camera by IE browser directly, type in the camera’s IP address. For example:

The default user is admin, no password.
There are two modes to login. If you use IE browser, please choose activeX mode to login. If you use Firefox or Google chrome, please choose server push mode to INITIATE CONFIGURATION

For IE browser
Fill in user name and choose the first login.
Please click right button on the information and choose Run Add-on.

Click Run and it will return to the login interface. Fill in the user name and choose login again.
You will see living video.
NOTE: If you could not view living video after run the activeX. Only a red cross in the center of the video or just a black screen. Please change another port number to try. Don’t use port 80.Use port 85, 8005 or 8100 to try.
Make sure that firewall or antivirus software on your computer does not block the activeX. If you could not run the activeX as the way above, please shut down the firewall or antivirus to try again.
For Firefox, Google chrome, safari or other standard browser.
Fill in user name and choose the second login mode to login.
It may ask you for user name and password XXXXX before you login the UI.
After you enter user name, you will see Device Status of the camera.

Click Live Video, you will see living video.

For IE browser
If the camera is well connected. The light of the device status will show green.
Or it will show yellow. If it shows yellow, please check if the activeX is enabled or change another port number to try again.

If you want to view device information. Choose For Administrator and then click Device info.

For Firefox, Google chrome and safari
When you login the UI. You will see Device Status which is same like Device Info in IE browser.
Multi-device window: The firmware inside the camera supports max 9 cameras monitoring at the same time. You can add the other cameras in multi-device settings.
OSD: OSD is used to add timestamp on the video. There are five colors for the characters.

Please DO NOT leave negative feedback. If my answer does not work for you, let me know and I will happily provide more relevant information. Please do not forget to ACCEPT this answer so that I may get paid. PLEASE continue to ask me questions if you have not reached resolution. I aim for 100 percent customer satisfaction in hope that you will return again for more expert assistance from a verified justanswer expert! I believe in positive feedback from all my clients! If your unhappy, continue to ask me questions until we find satisfaction in our client/expert relationship.Thank you for trusting justanswer to provide you with everyday expert solutions!We hope you will return again soon! WHEN YOU HAVE DECIDED THAT THIS IS THE SOLUTION FOR YOU, THEN PLEASE ACCEPT EVEN IF YOU’RE A MEMBER, HAVE SUBSCRIPTION, TO INCLUDE TRIAL SUBSCRIPTIONS. NOTE, CAPS ARE ONLY USED TO ASSIST WITH READING EMPHASIZED AREAS AND AREAS OF HIGH IMPORTANCE.

bbl242003, Network Architect
Experience: BA, AND AA in Network + Security + and A+ certified through Comptia International Recognized