sandy
sandy, Networking Engineer
Experience:  B.Tech.
33602187

Cant connect to my wireless Epson Artisan 810 printer. Worked

Customer Question

Can't connect to my wireless Epson Artisan 810 printer.

Worked before I did an total reinstall of Vista on both my PC's.

I have reset the router both power off and reset button

No signal at the printer.

Internet connections are OK.

signal strength at printer NO GOOD
No IP address listed in the printer status report

Re-loaded Linksys software on both machines

I am stumped
Category: Networking
Expert:  sandy replied 3 years ago.
Hello My Friend,

Welcome to Just Answer.com. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a Microsoft- Certified Technician who will assist you today. I understand how important this is for you. I will put in my best effort to help you out. This process might require multiple contacts from both sides.

Please you have printer disk, please reinstall the driver using the
Epson Artisan 810 printer CD.

However, if you do not have any CD, please download and install the printer driver using the link given below:

http://www.epson.com/cgi-bin/Store/support/supDetail.jsp?BV_UseBVCookie=yes&oid=132634&prodoid=63084664&infoType=Downloads&platform=All

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have done that already.

I have the CD and have loaded it twice plus used the link.

The router is not talking to the printer. No WiFi symbol on the printer.

I have reloaded the Linksys software and checked passwords.

Linksys router install said everything was OK.

Keep trying.

Thanks

Expert:  sandy replied 3 years ago.
Do you have a laptop computer as well which is connected wireless using router. Do you have any other device which is connected wireless using router.
Expert:  sandy replied 3 years ago.
I want to confirm if the router is working fine. If you have any other wireless device that is connected sucessfully, that will confirm that your router is working fine.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

My iPhone does not connect either. Good call.

?

Expert:  sandy replied 3 years ago.
I understand that your iphone also does not detect your wireles network.

First of all, please make sure that Modem must be connected to the Internet/wan port of the router.

Please click the ACCEPT button to acknowledge my help

Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Internet is working. Connection is correct. I did not touch the router when I did the software updates. WiFi still not working.

Expert:  sandy replied 3 years ago.
I assume that you have check the connection now. Modem is connected to internet/wan port of the router.

Please reset your linksys router once by holding down the Reset button for 30 seconds.

However, if there is any reset Hole, please put a paper clip inside the Reset hole and hold that down for 10 seconds.

Now, please try to connect wireless.

IF not connected, please disconnect the cables connecting the modem, router, comptuer and turn them off. Now, please connect the cables again and turn on modem, router and comptuer respectively.

http://www6.nohold.net/Cisco2/ukp.aspx?pid=80&login=1&app=search&vw=1&articleid=3978

Note: Resetting the linksys router will disconect your internet services on the computer but you will be connected again.

Please do not forgot to click the ACCEPT button to acknowledge my help
Expert:  sandy replied 3 years ago.
Have you followed those steps?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

After following your instructions last night I lost all internet access. The router went nuts.

Today I called the techs and they reset all my router settings from their side of the fence and I am back on the internet and the printer is working.

Sorry but you didn't help me $36 bucks worth.

Expert:  sandy replied 3 years ago.
My Friend,

I have asked you to reset the router and then as I told you before:

You simply must have to disconnect the devices and connect them back.

Thank you for your patience.
sandy, Networking Engineer
Experience: B.Tech.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Close enough. Have a great day!