Engineer John C., Networking Expert
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer and A+ Certified.

I lost my password. How do I reset my password on my N600

Customer Question

I lost my password. How do I reset my password XXXXX my N600?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Engineer John C. replied 3 years ago.
Hello, I am John Cappucci, Computer Science Engineer. I will be happy to help you. What's your router brand and model? Thank you

John Cappucci
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Netgear N600
Ok, please follow ALL the steps below from your computer already connected to the wireless network and you will see the password:

1- Click here ---> 192.168.0.1 or 192.168.1.1

2- Default username is admin and password XXXXX password

3- Once logged in, click Wireless Settings

4- Your network key (passphrase) will be under "Security Options". If you see more than one password XXXXX with all of them.

5- Please let me know if the issue is not solved clicking the "Reply to your expert" gray button, so we can continue troubleshooting. DO NOT click Accept if you are not positively satisfied.

6- If I helped please scroll down and click the green Accept button for me to be paid :-) (even if you have a subscription or a trial membership)

Thank you

John Cappucci

*** 4 IMPORTANT THINGS *** (please read them)

1- Please click the ACCEPT button, so your deposit can be released and I can get paid for my effort. (*** Even if you have a subscription plan, you need to click the Accept button if the issue is solved for me to be paid, you won't be charged twice ***, don't worry. Thank you!)

2- Let me know if the answer doesn't work INSTEAD of leaving negative feedback, so we can still continue troubleshooting the issue.

3- Positive Feedback is very important to us. Please leave me a positive feedback after you are happy with the answer.

4- Any bonus will be greatly appreciated
Engineer John C., Networking Expert
Experience: Computer Science Engineer and A+ Certified.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

John,

That doesn't work because when I go to user and password, admin and password XX XXX the answer. I am searching for the right answer and I have no clue.

OK, let's try with another way. Please follow the steps below from your computer already connected to internet, and you will see the network password.

Click here ----->http://wikisend.com/download/967476

Then click "Download file"

Then click "Run" or "OPEN" when prompted. Otherwise click Save and save the file to your desktop, then double click it to run it.

And you will see your password XXXXX (under Key(HEX) and Key(Ascii), try both)
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Hi John,

That was a pretty cool tool. I tried the HEX, there was not an Ascii. I don't know where that password XXXX from. It's too complicated and long for the one I used. Mine was only 8 charecters, this one was almost 64 charecters. It's possible that I am not even using the right user name, but I doubt it.

Any other good ideas up your sleeve?

Jim

OK. Please follow the steps below to reset the router. Please note the wireless network name will be changed to "netgear" or "wireless" and no password XXXX be asked (we can setup a password XXXXX all is working OK)

1- Make sure the wireless router is turned ON.

2- Press and hold down the "reset" button on the back of your router for 30 seconds. The reset button is inside a very tiny hole on the back of the router. Please use a paper clip to push it for 30 seconds

3- Then release the button and wait 30 seconds.

4- Then unplug it from the electricity outlet, wait 10 seconds and replug it to the electricity outlet

5- Make sure the internet modem is connected to the "WAN" or the "Internet" port on the back of the router

6- Unplug the internet modem from the electricity outlet, wait 10 seconds and then replug it to the electricity outlet.

7- Wait 5 minutes (yes, 5 please)

Then please follow the steps below from your wireless computer with Windows XP:
1- Click Start, then Control Panel

2- Double click on "Network Connections"

3- Right click your "Wireless Network Connection" and select "View Available Wireless Networks"

4- Now you will see a window with a list of network names. Select your wireless network name ("Netgear" or "Wireless") and click "Connect"

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am no farther then I was this am. I lost my network for a while and had to reboot that. Luckily it still accepted the password XXXX was in there, even though I don't know what it is. I tried some of your other tools, but no luck. I don't think this works.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

John,

Nothing worked yesterday. I am exactly where I was before I worked with you.

I request a refund..

XXX XXXXXX

OK. I have just requested a refund for you, thank you and have a great week!