D.Sandlin
D.Sandlin, Network Administrator
Experience:  5 years as a Network Switching Systems Operator In the US ARMY (31F)
19897260

I forgot my username and password for my linksys E3000 router,

I forgot my username and password XXXXX my linksys E3000 router, can you please help me?
Category: Networking
Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
Welcome to JustAnswer..

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I am a member of the expert community here..

We need to reset the router to restore the username and password XXXXX its defaults..

Then once we reset it.. I assume, you will want to name your network again, and then secure it with a wireless password.

first to reset it, the e3000 must be powered on. Then, you need something small like a pin, or the tip of an inkpen.. to insert into the reset hole firmly and press the reset button for at least one minute. If you have done it correctly, you will see all the lights flash for a second together then go out for a second.. When that happens, unplug the router, and plug it back into its power cord.

Attachments are only available to registered users.

Register Here

The reset button is the very small hole marked in red.

Once reset.. we need to get back in the router, and set the network name and password

To do so

On a computer connected to the linksys now.

Click the link below

Click Me!!

On the page that comes up, it will ask for a username and password.

type in admin for the password, leave the username blank

You are inside the router..

Click on wireless, where it says SSID.. this is your network name.. Name your network something simple.. Like My network, Or whatever seems appropriate. Then, click save settings apply.. Then.. right under wireless, click on the wireless security subtab,

where it says encryption, click it and change it to WPA2 psk

Where it says, PSK / Passphrase / Or Network key .. There is a text box to the right

In that text box is where You will have to type in a new password,

type it in.. and click apply / save settings.

Then.. The router will restart..

You have now reset your router, and secured it once again..

If you get stuck or have any questions, let me know.

To get back to me..

Come back to Justanswer.com

On the top right, click login. use the same email address you used to ask this question.

Once logged in.

On the top right click on my questions. And you will see our question listed there.

Simply click our question, and send me a response!

Please click accept to show I have assisted you.

If you still need assistance, You can reply to this message at any time.

Thanks!

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks..worked great..hua
Expert:  D.Sandlin replied 3 years ago.
Hua! Your welcome.. If your good to go..

Please click accept, to show that this one is solved.

Thanks for your time..

In the future if you need anything you can ask me specifically your questions at my profile link on Just Answer..

Make sure to ask the question through the box on my page, and also, Start it with For D.Sandlin Only

http://www.justanswer.com/profile.aspx?PF=19897260&FID=6
D.Sandlin, Network Administrator
Experience: 5 years as a Network Switching Systems Operator In the US ARMY (31F)