Omar C
Omar C, Computer Support Specialist
Experience:  Over 10 years experience with PC/Mac support and everything in between

Epson workforce 520 printer keeps changing IP adress frequenty.

Customer Question

Epson workforce 520 printer keeps changing IP adress frequenty. Printer tec suggested to call you . I am unable to print today, it worked yesterday. My wireless Cisco router model #E 2000 / serial # XXXXX / Mac Adddress 687F7444E610
Please help thank you Trudie
Category: Networking
Expert:  Omar C replied 5 years ago.
Hello. In order to keep the IP address from changing, you will need to set a manual IP on the printer. To do this on the printer itself, you will need to go into Setup, then Network settings. Go to Wireless/Wired LAN setup, and then General Network Setup. It will say Network Settings will be changed and you click Yes to continue. Click OK for the printer name, then when it gets to DHCP settings choose Manual. It should already have an IP assigned, so you don't need to change anything and just click OK to keep the settings. It will now have a manually assigned IP address rather than one being generated automatically.