Robert O
Robert O, Certified Networking Engineer
Experience:  10+ years experienced Cisco Certified Professional
35114673

Im trying to connect my panasonic blu ray player to my

Customer Question

I'm trying to connect my panasonic blu ray player to my internet. I'm connected to my access point, my IP address setting is good but I continue to get a fail to connect to gateway. I know my router setting and have manually input it in the blu ray player and it continues to fail. I'm frustrated I can't figure it out.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Robert O replied 6 years ago.

Hello there,

Are you making sure that the IP address you are setting on the manual setting for the blueray player is not one that is being used already?

Example: if your router is 192.168.1.1 and the DHCP scope starts at 192.168.1.100 and your computers are automatic, they could be using 192.168.1.100 and 192.168.1.101

Try setting your blueray player to 192.168.1.10 or some other address is not used.

Also make sure the netmask is the same as shown on your computers.. if you have a PC do a ipconfig /all in the command prompt and this will let you know all of the info.

Router/Gateway is the address of the router.

From there. you would need dns servers.

There is a public dns server called opendns.org these are 208.67.222.222 and 208.67.220.220

these are needed to reach the internet as well unless you have others that are filled in from the Ipconfig you just ran.