RobCat98
RobCat98, Consultant
Experience:  degree in comp sci. 20+ years install work with networks for small and large companies
23372949

Im trying to configure Windows Live Mail to view my sbcglobal

Customer Question

I'm trying to configure Windows Live Mail to view my sbcglobal mail. It configured all the POP and SMTP settings automatically, but it's still not receiving any of my mail. I've looked at several forums and this seems to be a pretty wide-spread problem. Can you offer any help?
Category: Networking
Expert:  RobCat98 replied 6 years ago.
what error message are you getting ?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
No error message, per se, just nothing in the inbox. I can log on directly through the net and there's mail there, but nothing comes through on the client.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

I just tried sending a message on the client and I got this error message:

The server you are connected to is using a security certificate that could not be verified. The certificate's CN name does not match the passed value. Do you want to continue?

Hope that's helpful.

Expert:  RobCat98 replied 6 years ago.

That is kind of strange but it is probably ok. if you passed att and they had a yahoo certificate you would get that error.

What settings are you using for the server ?

this page has the server settings the port numbers are not standard

http://www.ehow.com/how_2176020_set-up-sbcglobal-email-outlook.html

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
your answer.....which did not come for 16 hours after it was asked.......was not helpful and did not resolve the problem. my son who knows a lot about computers is going to have to make a six hour round trip to sort out this issue. i am disappointed that you couldn't resolve the problem but thtanks for trying.
Expert:  RobCat98 replied 6 years ago.

we can not log into your machine here. we need you to work with us.

i have asked what settings you are using and gave you a page that gave you the settings. you have not answered with anything except "it is not working" and "that did not work"

have you ever had somebody help with your car? they say if you turn the key does the engine turn over ? do the headlights come on ? does it start and then die or not start at all? If your answer to all of those questions was "its not working" how far do you think you would get?

you should not have to do this but if you dont want to troubleshoot with me it might be easier to just download this program which connects to yahoo even for free email accounts it has complete instructions on how to set it up

http://ypopsemail.com/

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
as i said in my response yesterday, your answer did not help to resolve the problem and it certaintly wasn't timely coming as it did more than 16 hours after i asked for help. i have since had to have someone else come in to resolve the problem. i am certainly not satisfied with this service
Expert:  RobCat98 replied 6 years ago.

This service does not work for everybody. We can not go to your house and fix things for you. We give advice on how to fix it yourself. That requires a certain knowledge of computers and a willingness to work with us. You consistantly refused to give any feedback on what was occuring refusing even to give me your current email account settings. That is why the service did not work for you.

I am glad that you found a way to have it fixed for you.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.

my computer is working finesince someone else fixed it and i don't need any further action on your part.. your suggestions didn't work and they took far too long to

to get here. i am disappointed in this service and i did make every effort to work with you but got no results.

Expert:  RobCat98 replied 6 years ago.

i sent this as one of my first postings

you have never responded to that or any other questions i asked.

That does not make it easy to work with you.

I am glad that you got it resolved. We can not go into your home and do it for you. Somebody else could. I am glad it is now working

have a great day.

you may leave your money on deposit here for use with this or another question or you may email [email protected] for a refund