There are never any drivers for a router. However, there are Firmware Upgrades that you can do/perform on the machine. Here is the Link for your unit directly from Netgear.
Hello, there are never any drivers for a router. However, there are Firmware Upgrades that you can do/perform on the machine. Here is the Link for your unit directly from Netgear.
1) Go here: http://kb.netgear.com/app/products/model/a_id/2591
2) Click Latest Firmware Version 1.2.30
3) Follow Instructions to Upgrade Firmware
After you do this, it should be working. Just set it up like you normally would.
1) Hook up the Ethernet Cable from the Modem to the Internet Ethernet Port on the back of the Router.
2) Hook the 2nd Ethernet Cable from the Router to the Desktop using Port 1.
3) Secure Router
1) Open Internet Explorer
2) Type 192.168.1.1 (in the address bar/url at the top) and press enter
Username: adminPassword: password
Please follow this guide from Netgear to be able to view or reset your wireless password XXXXX let me know if you run into any problems...
Netgear: 1-888-638-4327 (USA)
BEST OF LUCK!GOD BLESS!
Again, you do not get any such DRIVERS for any type of routers (UNLESS) you are using a USB Wireless Adapter, or a PCI Wireless Card that you would have to insert on the motherboard.
For your Windows 7 Issue, you need to Upgrade the Firmware first, and then set up the router like you normally would, and it should work just fine. You will have to set this up MANUALLY as the CD/Disc you got will not work!
Please look at this...
Netgear Windows 7 Compatible Routers
Latest router firmware supports Win 7, for Win 7 installation CD, click here
Notice is says FIRMWARE, nothing about a driver. So please do what I told you, detailed instructions are already provided for you by Netgear, and you'll be just fine!