Andy Kalita
Andy Kalita, System Administrator
Experience:  MCP, MCTS, MCSA, A+, over 10 years of working IT experience
18458123

MY IP IS 192.168.0.1. wHAT IS MY PASSWORD

Customer Question

MY IP IS 192.168.0.1. wHAT IS MY PASSWORD? My TIVO will stop recording at midnight if it cant find a gateway and I need the manufacturer's password. My router is Linksys and I am running windows 7
Category: Networking
Expert:  Andy Kalita replied 6 years ago.
Chat Conversation Started
Andy Kalita :

Hi, I'll try to help you with this. So, you need a password XXXXX connect to your wireless? Or are you looking for password XXXXX log into the LInksys' web configuration page?

JACUSTOMER-2mr2p2k3- :
Andy Kalita :

I'll be here for another couple of hours. Otherwise will be available tomorrow again

JACUSTOMER-2mr2p2k3- :

I put in the 2mr etc. but it needs an HTCP AND MY LAPTOP IS NOT RECOGNIZING MY ROUTER EITHER. IT NEEDS TO BE CONFIGURED AND THE CD IS NOT WORKING BEYOND SETTING UP ROUTER. WHEN IT COMES TO CONFIGURING IT THROWS ME OFF THE NET.

JACUSTOMER-2mr2p2k3- :

my linksys needs to be configured and won't accept the above password. It worked with Netgear,but that is not my router and my laptop is now not responding either

JACUSTOMER-2mr2p2k3- :

It did not work on my Tivo either. It wants an HTCP

I appreciate you accepting, but I haven't helped you yet. I was waiting for your response so that I can assist you better. Anyway, you mention now that you can't even connect the laptop now. The fastest way to fix this, is to reset the router and start over, since you seem to not be aware of any passwords .

Can you tell me who is your internet service provider, and then i'll give you a step by step on how to reset the router and re-configure it?