James, Sr. Network Administrator
Experience:  Highly experienced with wireless networks and wireless equipment, LAN and networking protocols

I keep getting bounced off line............continuously. this

I keep getting bounced off line............continuously. this just started after years of good performance from linksys wrt54g2v1. In other places there are no problems. I have unpluged and repluged. Any suggestions? [email protected]

You or a neighbour may have recently introduced a new device that operates on the same frequencies as the router.

I suggest you try to change the channel.

1. open a web browser window on the connected computer and type into the address bar and press enter. A window will pop up prompting you for a username and password XXXXX access the configuration page for your router. Leave the username empty, and enter admin as the password.

2. Click the Wireless tab and select a new channel from the dropdown box. You may need to experiment with several until you find a stable one.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I'm not sure this worked
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
still getting bounced
Please try the highest and the lowest channel, tell me how it goes.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
any other solutions. have tried all chanels?? Both high and low still don't prevent being bounced. Maybe I should buy a higher quality router??? or anything else??
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

all channels have disconnects. Are other routers able to rise above competing devices?

I do think the next step is trying a new router. A Cisco Linksys router, such as the WRT160N would be a great choice, or one of the new E1000/E2000 series.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
even wiring in direct to clear doesn't work. why the change in the last couple of days................some competing device?.........................
If you wired to the router and still got the problem, the issue is with the router itself or the line. You said your ISP checked the line, right? That means the issue is probably the router.