VanMagnus Systems
VanMagnus Systems, Consultant
Experience:  A+ and Network+ with more than 18 years in the IT field.

Patton-Fuller Community Hospital Networking Virtual OrganizationPrepar

Patton-Fuller Community Hospital Networking Virtual Organization
Prepare a 1,400- to 2,450-word paper including:

o     An analysis of the network systems in use
o     what may be missing from the current network architecture.
o     Identify wireless technology in use and how it enhances the hospital network.

Format your paper according to APA standards

Need by SATURDAT 7/17/10
Category: Networking
Expert:  VanMagnus Systems replied 3 years ago.
OK. What College is this for if you do not mind me asking?

Resources: Patton-Fuller Community Hospital Virtual Organization Prepare a 1,400- to 2,450-word paper including the following: o Identify how data is transmitted within the hospital and externally. o Identify and describe the OSI layers directly involved. o Relate this information to the OSI model.

The Organizational Structure

The Patton-Fuller Community Hospital is using a relatively high-end organizational structure to facilitate the goals of the Hospital. Being that this is a Virtual Organization meaning; An organization that is actually dispersed over a small to large geographical area. That uses Information Technology (IT) and Information Systems (IS) to appear as if in a single location. When in actuality they are across a vast area. Being that this Organization probably has many satellite offices like most large hospitals in urban areas like John’s Hopkins in Baltimore. They would also use Groupware and E-mail to facilitate the daily operations of the Hospital. Groupware can be broken into three different groups; communication tools, conference tools and collaborative management tools. Communication tools such as E-mail, Fax and V-mail, can be used to tell the staff of a Virtual meeting or a staff members birthday. Conference tools such as data, video and voice conferencing, instant messaging and chat rooms are used when there are meetings and announcement that nearly all must attend. Collaborative management tools such as calendars and project management tools are used to keep the organization running along smoothly.

With the Virtual Organization defined we will now examine how all of the above mentioned technology uses the OSI 7 Layer Model and how it is transmitted across the Wired and Wi-Fi Network of the Hospital. Lastly, I will attempt to relate how this technology uses the OSI 7 Layer Model to its fullest advantage.

How the Virtual Organization uses the OSI 7 Layer Model to conduct business as if in a single location

First let us take a look at the E-mail systems and how they use the OSI to communicate inside and outside of the Network. The Open Systems Interconnect model was developed by the International Organization for Standardization in 1984. It was initially created to allow for a standard form of communication for computer equipment coming from various companies. It is now the de facto standard that nearly all Computer and Data Networks are designed to, coming up in a close second is the CISCO Systems 3 Layer Model. The process of taking those pixel’s on the screen and sending them through the Network so that Dr. Phil can see his 12:00 PM appointment at the new time of 4:30 PM is a task indeed.

Layers 7 through 4 were designed to allow for end to end communication between a data source and its destination. Layers 3 through 1 deal with communication between devices within the Network or Internetwork as in the case here. Also, the OSI is split into Upper and Lower Layers. Layers 7 through 5 handle issues dealing with application and is implemented via software, E-mail in this case. Whether Outlook/Exchange, Mac Mail, Surge Mail, hMail Server or Zimbra. These applications run on differing platforms from UNIX to Windows yet the mail is able to make it through without a dependency on the operating system or a particular brand of hardware. Layers 4 through 1 allow for the data to be moved across the Network Cable Plant and the Wi-Fi Networks also. The Physical Layer and the Data Link Layer are generally implemented through both software and hardware. Each layer down that data travels down the OSI Model it receives a header and then it presented to the layer beneath it until it reaches the Physical Layer and the data packet is moved across the network. Since we are discussing E-mail and how it travels through the Network to both Local and Internet based destination addresses. It must be pointed out the E-mail Servers have a unique feature about them. They only make one Hop for whatever information that they are sending. Meaning, if Cindy the Nurse Practitioner sends Dr. West a patient report and he is in Miami and she is in Tallahassee. The E-mail Server will send the package to the E-mail server correlating to Dr. West E-mail address. This data is sent through the Physical Layer from end to end. Then data is passed up the OSI 7 Layer Model and the headers are stripped away and the information needed for it corresponding layer and then past up to the next layer up. Before I go any further, the layers of the OSI 7 Layer Model must be enumerated. They are as follows; the 7 the Application Layer. It is responsible for providing standardized services like file transfer or virtual terminal. Layer 6 the Presentation Layer has the task of making data universally understood. In other words masking it so that even if the destination is a Linux Server and the sender is a Windows Server, neither system has an issue understanding what was sent from the other system. This layer encrypts and decrypts data an also compresses it if needed. Layer 5 the Session Layer controls the users session from end to end as in the case of Instant Messaging (IM.) It also establishes and terminates communication between Hosts and send information to the layers above it as needed. Layer 4 the Transport Layer handles the delivery of messages within a Network. It provides reliable delivery of data packets (as in the case of Transmission Control Protocol or TCP) and it also provides connectionless delivery of packets (Internet Protocol or IP.) Layer 3 of the OSI 7 Layer Model, makes a determination as to how the date is to be sent from one device to the other. As in case of one E-mail Server to the other. It also determines the best route for data to be sent through, this function help to prevent Network Congestion. Or bottle necking which in a Taken ring Network could bring the entire ring down. Layer 2 of the OSI 7 Model is where the packets are framed for delivery across the wire. It is also detects collisions of the data that was sent and retransmits it if needed. Layer 1 of the OSI Model is where the connection between the hardware on the Network and the physical media meet. It defines if the Network is has electrical or optical characteristics.

How the Technology uses the OSI to its fullest potential

With the advent of Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) telephone systems for instance have gone from the realm of the local Telecom Company. To the local or national Internet Service Provider (ISP.) With this advancement in communications, businesses are able to reduce or eliminate the need for the phone company. Except for trunk lines to the outside which nearly all companies have. Using VoIP, a traditional telephone call is passed through a Computer Network instead of a Telecom Network. In many cases this gives greater call clarity and faster connections. This technology has advanced to the point where iPhones and BlackBerries can make these types of calls from a local Star Buck shop and not use any of their air time or at any additional cost to the user. This means that in the case of the Hospital, the Nurses and Drs can use an IP phone while at work and never have to incur the cost of making a cellular call. When it comes to Faxing, this has also made the transition of going from a telecom only to the ISP’s review. You can now send a fax via E-mail, using the OSI 7 Layer model to its greatest potential. Making managing personal and patient information an easy proposition vs. the way of the past. V-mail is another great advancement forward, the staff of the Hospital are able to have their V-mail follow them no matter which location of the Organization the happen to be in that present day. These messages can now be delivered by email, audible text and MP3 or another type of audio file format that can be hears on the fly. The staff is no longer stuck to a desk and a certain phone extension to get their V-mail. These advancement make running a Virtual Organization much easier than the past where you sent out a call to every ones V-mail and you would hope that they heard it first thing in the AM and hope they would make it to the Staff Meeting.

All of this shows that the Hospital even though it may be across a very large area, even multiple states or countries as in the case of John’s Hopkins’s Organization. It can be ran as if it all is in one geographical location.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Not sure what is going on
I wrote a similar request for a UCLA student. ?Just making sure you are not at UCLA.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
No I am not at UCLA. I really need this completed by the end-of-day this Saturday do your forsee any problems?
Nope, that is why I asked what College. Would you like me to do another rewrite for you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Of course I would
What parts?

Also, when you submitted the last paper was there any problem with your Colleges Originality scan? Nope, that is why I write multiple version of papers.

Edited by VanMagnus Systems on 7/14/2010 at 5:56 PM EST
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

No issues with originality scan

I just need to ensure that the subjects in my original question are addressed

Got you. Please note the quality of the work Sir. Original. It is ready to go as is.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I will need some changes I do not want to submit the same exact paper
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I would also like to cite a minimum of 2 references
OK. Johns Hopkins wait for it, COM, EDU and ORG. All of these are tide into Johns Hopkin's Organization. Also use http://jcmc.indiana.edu/vol3/issue4/ahuja.html this was where the information on Virtual Organizations structure came from.

What else might you need?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Along with the references I would like everything posted once completed. I really had a difficult time trying to match the different pieces using multiple post. I do understand we had major time restraints which led to some confusion on my part but I hope that will not be the case this time.

This one I will need 7-24-2010

Resources: Patton-Fuller Community Hospital Networking Virtual Organization

Prepare a 1,400- to 2,450-word page paper.

Analyze the current business system in place: Who, what, when, how, and why?

Research options for improving the current systems (including ERP, CRM & KM) and recommend additions to the system based on your assigned reading for this week.

Describe what improvements might improve relationships with outside organizations and global organizations including physician practices, insurance companies, and suppliers for the hospital.

This one I will need 7/31/2010

Prepare a 1,000- to 1400-word paper.

Identify what servicescould beavailable through a Web portal (e-commerce or e-business)

Compare and contrast the services that other hospital Web sites make available.

Explain how a Web portal might becreated to provide outside vendor services such as, Just In Time pharmaceutical replenishment, inventory updates, and financial services.

Format your paper according to APA standards.

This one I will need 8/7/2010

Prepare a 1,400- to 2,450-word paper.

Describe what steps must be taken to update the hospital infrastructure (and software) to ensure that patient privacy is maintained and all governmental regulations are met.

Use current instances of cyber attacks to describe the types of risks that are involved with use of the hospital systems and what must be done to reduce or mitigate the risks.

Identify the metrics used to determine network efficiency and effectiveness.

Describe why metrics are necessary to obtain the most effective use of network assets.

Can you handle it?????????????????Money mouth Please reply

Sweet, I can get them all completed by 7/24/10. Is that cool with you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I have a file I want to send you regarding this project which should provide you with some additional insight. How do I get this to you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
It is cool you can have them completed but let me take a good look at my money situation, I am not be able to take them any earlier than i need themgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphicgraphic
OK. so are you Accepting my solution for you?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are you ok for the completion of the next phase which request this Sat?
Yes. Are you Accepting this work or......?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I though you would be posting a revised version which would also be complete with cited references. I do not feel comfortable submitting the same paper for the next assignment. Let me know if I need to send you the parameters for what I requested completion by this Sat.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

This is what I have requessted for 7/17

o An analysis of the network systems in use
o what may be missing from the current network architecture.
o Identify wireless technology in use and how it enhances the hospital network.

Need by SATURDAT 7/17/10

OK... Sorry. My Bad.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Can you complete this by Saturday? Once I have received what I need by 7/17 I will post the money for the paper I need on 7/24.

Hopefully that works for you.

OK.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Are you going to be fnshed wth what I requested tomorrow?
Yes.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Thanks I will check back tomorrow evening.
Deal.
Will be done in a bit, just looking over the diagrams you sent to make sure that my wording is correct.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Great!!!!
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
So what are we looking like
I was called into work until 1:30 AM. Will send the paper in the AM if that is OK. I am truly sorry.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
i will be looking for itFrown
I am truly sorry.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please provide me a realistic time you will have this completed today
before 6:00 PM Eastern, or sooner.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
How are we looking? Finished I hopeTongue out
Forgive the delay, I was called into work last night. Almost done.... Cool.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Please provide me with a realistic time.
Due to things beyond my control still working...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I am still waiting
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
will you complete this tonight? The possible answers to this are "YES" or "NO"
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I lost signficient points the last time because you did not meet your committment, please advise
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I see your are finally online. I just need to know if you are going to finish if you ever started or should I find someone else?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Assignment due last night are you going to be able to assist as planned????????
Will post the first words shortly... Sorry for the delay. That last few days have been way OFF.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Can I count on you this is very important to me?
Yes, all I I ask is to not get a bad review....
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

You can count on me if I can depend on you.

Deal?

Deal... Cool
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Let me be blunt. I really need this ASAP. I also want to know if you want to do the next one which I had previous identified and need completed by 7/24. I am ready allocate the funds now for the 7/24 assignment if you can commit to the 7/24 completion and a firm commitment for the one that is currently due.

In fact I am in a position to allocate the funds for the 7/31 and the 8/7 requirement at this very moment. All I need is a commitment from you.

Please advise

OK, working to complete it.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Do I wait for you to complete this one before I add additional requirements and should I add all the requirements?
Wait please. I know you are peeved, trying to finish it now.... So sorry...
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
Have you finished?
You will get the paper by 9:30 PM Eastern. That is it. It will be completed at that time..... Again my apologies.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I see you are not online so please let me know if my request is going to get completed tonight. This is extremely important to me so please advise ASAP

· An analysis of the network systems in use?

The Network in current use is a high end 1GB Network. That uses Cat 6 and single Mode Fiber to affect those greater speeds and trusted reliability. Also, the technologies in use make it very hard for an inside malicious employee to sniff the network as it Giga Bit HUB’s have intelligence built into them that will alert the Network Operations Center (normally called a NOC) that this activity is going on. Tracing it to a specific port in a certain geographical area. This helps secure the Network and is a tool used to user both the Data and the Quality of Service (QoS) for the Network and assist in thwarting malicious employee attacks.

Also, the Network appears to have built in redundancy when it comes to accessing the Internet. This is done by the use of a CISCO Systems 7609 Router and a CISCO Systems ASA 5510 VPN (Virtual Private Network) Router. This configuration allows for secure VPN and Internet traffic through the ASA 5510 VPN Router, used for remote access to inside the protected areas of the Hospitals Network. The 7609 Router is connected to an OC 1 line, this is type of SONET Network it connect to. Running at speeds of 51.84 MBps (Mega Bytes per second) in both directions or Full-Duplex if you will. Please note that the designation of OC means that each ascending power of the OC scale is 51.84 MBps times the power it is being raised by. So a OC 3 line would be 51.84 MBps x 3 or 155.52 MBps. These two Routers assure reliability of Network traffic and a Fail Over if one router fails. Though it would be better for the Hospital if they used an additional two matching Routers and used what is called the CISCO Systems Hot Swappable Protocol to ensure near absolute up times. The CISCO Protocol mentioned allows for the setup of two identical Routers, one is designated as 0 the other is 1. They are changed to have the exact MAC address and IP Address. This is so if one of them fails, the other in the series takes over immediately and alerts the NOC that the first Router in the series has gone down. This may cost a little more for the hospital, but it is worth it to ensure uninterrupted access in and out of the Network. Much like the Fail Over Generators that they have installed.

Speaking of which, the Hospitals boasts of Backup Generators across the entire organization. This means that in the case of some sort of electrical interruption, like a power outage or even an electrical spiking. The Generators will kick in to ensure the quality of the Alternating Currents (AC) signal is what is known as a clean and usable signal. This will prevent the destruction of Hospital, PC and Network assets, thus ensuring that the Return On Investment (ROE) is fully returned. Most CTO would not like to replace millions of dollars in equipment before it is time.

· What may be missing from the current network architecture?

Looking at the information provided there are a few needed pieces of Network equipment missing. Such as a Network Intrusion Detection System (NIDS), either a Network Appliance as offered by CISCO Systems or a Sever based approach as offered by www.IDSSoftware.com. For the purposes of ease of administration and shear speed we will talk about CISCO Systems products, not to endorse them. But, since they are currently in the Network in the form of the Routers, it would be an easy implementation of the hardware. The CISCO ASA Router is an Intrusion Prevention System (IPS) and will ensure the threats from outside of the Network are handled; it is the ones in the Network that the ASA Router will not detect. So the need for a NIDS is justified and can be an addition to the ASA Router. CISCO has a Firewall Appliance that can be used in concert with the ASA Router, thus ensuring near total protection of Network traffic. Lastly, CISCO Systems offers a module that can be added to the ASA Router thus making it a total solution in one package.

Even though there is Wi-Fi access form the Hospitals staff, there appears to be none for the patients and guest of the Hospital. This would be a major oversight since many family and friends visit the Hospital daily and some. Stay for weeks at a time. Since some Hospitals charge for TV access, it would be great to allow those who come there as either patients or guests to be able to do class work, remote in as if they were working from home to their jobs or to even watch movies and play games on the Network. The current infrastructure can handle the traffic, all that needs to be done is a VPN setup and the traffic will not interfere with the normal Hospital traffic as it will be moved along its own “Logical Channel” through Network Switches.

Network Switches are also absent from the Network diagram. This will allow for the setting up of VPNs and greater security throughout the Network. Since Switches allow for the traffic to be placed in Logical Channels, it is possible to allow each of the varying departments their own Network as it were. Providing for greater security for all Network users. I would suggest the CISCO Systems Switches, the CISCO Systems approach breaks the OSI 7 Layer model into a 3 Layer Model, thus allowing the CISCO Switches to forward all 7 Layers of the OSI Model. This allows for great use, flexibility and reliability from using the CISCO Switches. Thus to the Hospitals CTO (Chief Technical Officer), the return on investment would be huge as the Mean Time Between Failure (MTBF) for these devices are literally years apart and the cost of them can be justified.

500 words to go...

VanMagnus Systems, Consultant
Experience: A+ and Network+ with more than 18 years in the IT field.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.
You have provided enough for me to finish. I really need to know if you want to continue assistisng me? Please advise

DONE!!!!

· Identify wireless technology in use and how it enhances the hospital network.

The Wi-Fi technology in use is a CISCO Systems solution of the 1250 5 GB Wireless Access Point (WAP). These devices are high-end and offer Enterprise Class performance, delivering effectively 600 MBs speeds. Able to offer jitter free audio and video for the Hospitals employees. This means Web based conferencing and meeting of all types can occur at once without a major degradation of the Networks performance. Wireless Application Protocol (WAP) is a set or standards that govern how devices use Cellular and Radio Networks. It also provides an inter operable platform that is vendor neutral, thus assuring across the board functionality. The layers used in WAP are:

· Wireless Application Environment (WAE)

· Wireless Session Layer (WSL)

· Wireless Transport Layer Security (WTLS)

· Wireless Transport Layer (WTP)

WAP was created by four companies: Ericsson, Motorola, Nokia, and Unwired Planet. This standard allows for secure communications and near instantaneous access of the Web. But the CISCO 1250s can run more than one access protocol standard, which is why they are called Autonomous Access Points. Also from the point of administration, these devices all have images. Like a PC HDD if you will, allowing for the loading of the images via Trivial File Transfer Protocol (TFTP). Since these devices are spread out across a Campus area, this is a welcome feature as it would be too costly to always have to send out an engineer each time one of the devices has an issue, You can also use the Web interface similar to the Linksys routers that we are all nearly familiar with. Again allowing for another way to access and manage these devices.

This CISCO Systems solution enhances the Network because it offers security, speed, QoS, encryption, the ability to carry all know protocols to my understanding, built in redundancy as there are two modules in each device and if on fails the other can route the traffic for the failed module and the ability to provide jitter free audio and video. Effectively moving the data at 600 MBs (Mega Bytes per second,) this provides confidence in the Network. This allows the hospital employees to work form the laptops or even smart phones like a BlackBerry, iPhone 4 or even use IP phones that I am sure have been implemented at the Hospital. These devices allow for the nearly teatherless movement of the staff from one end of the Campus to the other, freeing them to do more and be tied down even less than in years past. This should realize greater productivity from the staff and satisfaction with work. For a Hospital, this is an added bonus as employees will not miss time from places that they enjoy going into.

Customer: replied 3 years ago.
I can not argue with the quality of your work which I believe is excellent. Now the question is are you will to move ethe the next requirement. Please let me know so i will now how to post.
Wait, you have a graphic that is in the work that you sent me that I cannot see can you post it to that listing? Now, please clarify what you are trying to say here, unable to fully understand you.
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

The long and short of it is can you handle the next requirement which I will need sat 7/24

Yes, what is it?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

I have added my next requirement. Will need by Sat 7/25/2010

Please advise if this is acceptable

OK...