Richard, Network Specialist
Experience:  15 years consulting in the IT industry with Networking

My livebox (router) keeps disconnecting from internet - this

Customer Question

My livebox (router) keeps disconnecting from internet - this happens when computer is idle.
My computer still works - but can not access internet.

I can restart it by switching off livebox (do not need to restart computer) -
this works but is inconvenient.

I am using Windows 7 (if this is relevant)
Category: Networking
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

Hi there and welcome.

You need to stop the network adapter from sleeping

To do this do the following please

Click start, right click computer and select manage

Go to Device Manager, right-click the network adapter(that keeps getting turned off), and select Properties.

Now goto the Power Management tab, uncheck the option that says "Allow the computer to turn off this device to save power", and Hit OK.

Save, reboot and it should not disconnect the xbox anymore.

Please let me know if you still have problems

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
first answer did not solve problem - I rechecked power management tab to make sure it saved OK.

Please let me know if you can suggest other solution.
Expert:  Richard replied 5 years ago.

ok, then I want to make sure the latest firmware is on the livebox please

Can you go to the below link and follow the instructions to update it

If you have any difficulties, please do not hesitate to contact me

Customer: replied 5 years ago.
Having followed instruction to update firmware, I could not access Livebox/ Internet.

That is why it took so long to get back to you.

I had to contact service provider to get livebox working again

I therefore do not wish to continue this Question / Answer session.