Erik B.
Erik B., Network Admin
Experience:  8 Years Experience, MCSE, MCP

how do i put a pin number in my router

how do i put a pin number in my router

Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

What model router do you have?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
linksys dual-band wieless-n gigabit router. model- wrt320n

OK and are your looking to setup a wireless network password, or do you have a wireless device that has a PIN that you are looking to enter into the router?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
wireless device!!!! blackberry 9700

OK if the 9700 has a pin number that it wants you to register in the router, here is how to do that:

1. Open an Internet browser window on your computer and go to
  2. When prompted, leave the username blank and type your password (the default is admin).
  3. Click on the Wireless tab.
  4. On this screen, if you router is setup in WiFi Protected Setup, there will be a place in the middle of the screen where you can type the PIN that your 9700 is giving you. After typing the PIN, click the Register button.
  5. If it is the other way around (your 9700 is requesting the PIN), that pin will be listed in bold numbers on this same screen.

Let me know if you have questions!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
it telling me to click on the wi-fi protected setup button on your client device! no sure what that is
That is only for WiFi protected devices, which your Blackberry isn't. Can you please tell me exactly what is happening on the Blackberry? Is it asking you for a PIN number or is it providing you with a PIN number?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
when i go to set up wi-fi connection on my blackberry it scans for neworks then it finds mind.then i try to connect then the blackberry says this wireless router supports wi-fi protected set-up. to connect using a pin(which your bb will generate),click next when u select next it gives u a pin to enter into your router

OK cool. Now back on the router (using the directions I previously provided), you should see a screen like the one below (notice the red box). That is where you put the PIN the BB has generated:

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
i did dat 3 times
OK and when you do that and click Register, what happens? How about when you click Save Settings?