Erik B.
Erik B., Network Admin
Experience:  8 Years Experience, MCSE, MCP
18224842

How do I find the Machine ID (MAC ID) for PCs with Windows

How do I find the Machine ID (MAC ID) for PCs with Windows 7 & Vista Operating Systems?

Hi and thanks for choosing Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be happy to assist you.

You should be able to find the MAC Address by doing the following:

1. Click Start and type cmd into the Search window. Hit the Enter key.
  2. In the DOS box that appears, type ipconfig /all and hit Enter.
  3. A bunch of information will be displayed.
  4. The two headings you want to look for are the Ethernet Adapter Local Area Connection and the Wireless LAN Adapter Wireless Network Connection. Under each of these heading you should see a label for Physical Address. This collection of numbers and letters is the MAC Address.

NOTE: Each network adapter has its own MAC address. If you do not have a wireless adapter in your computer then you will not see that heading.

Let me know if you have questions!

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Thank you for trying to help - still having trouble....

Ok, I tried your instructions but the Machine IDs provided by Adobe's Software Activation Team do not match any of the MAC addresses of my computers.

The problem is this: I purchased 10 separate (Product Keys) Acrobat 9.0 Pro versions of software from Adobe. I'm allowed 2 licenses per purchase = 20 computers. I registered the software with Adobe over the internet after installation. I don't know which computers go with each Product Key. Adobe provided me with the Machine IDs for each Product Key. The Machine IDs provided by Adobe are 10 digits - all numbers no letters and no dashes or spaces......the machine IDs in ipconfig are 12 Alpha Numeric characters with dashes very 2 characters.

Sorry for the delay in my response! I have no idea how Adobe is generating their system IDs, but if they are ten numbers characters it isn't a MAC address. I will opt out now so that hopefully another tech can help out. Sorry again for the delay.