Kevin
Kevin, LAN/WAN Specialist
Experience:  Certified MCSA and MCP Network Administrator with over 20 years of PC experience.
26642388

How do I uninstall Netgear Wireless Router, WNR1000v2

How do I uninstall Netgear Wireless Router, WNR1000v2?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 years ago.

Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will be assisting you today.

It depends on the type of internet connection you have - is your internet connection phone line or cable?

Are you replacing the Netgear or just no longer have a need for it?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Hi, It's cable, & no I'm not replacing it right now, I just want to get rid of it. I can't find it in the All Programs menu, or listed under add/remove programs. I did find it on the My Computer program files, but if I delete the folder, will that actually remove it?
Expert:  Kevin replied 6 years ago.

Thank you...

Don't delete the folder - it will not uninstall properly. That folder is likely for something else...

When a router is added to a network, it isn't really installed from a software aspect - it's just a piece of hardware. Occasionally, manufacturers add a small piece of software just to help with setup, but to remove the router from the network, it isn't necessary to do anything with that.

To remove the Netgear from your network, power off the cable modem, the router and the pc. Disconnect all of the cables from the Netgear and connect one ethernet cable from the modem to your computer. Power the modem back on and wait 60 seconds - turn the pc on. Your network will be back online at this point without the router.

If you have any other questions about the router, please let me know...