Hunter T
Hunter T, Consultant
Experience:  I have a degree in networking as well as experience working for an Internet Service provider
29465369

I cant access instal wizzard for Netcore Router NW705 PLUS

Customer Question

Category: Networking
Expert:  Hunter T replied 6 years ago.
Try this

1. Download the latest firmware here: http://www.netcoretek.com/support.html

2. Go to http://192.168.1.1/ in your browser

3. Use the following info to get into you router controls:

User ID = guest
Password = guest

4. On the left click on System Configuration and choose Update System

5. Where it says "New Firmware File" click the Browse button and navagate to the file you downloaded and select it.

6. Click the Start Update button

Enjoy

Edited by Hunter T on 2/14/2010 at 7:53 AM EST
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Ok. all I want to do is set up a password XXXXX only I can access wireless. I can get on the site with guest but there is no setup wizard or system configuration to click on. I can find a firmware and Browse button but it wont accept the download.
Expert:  Hunter T replied 6 years ago.
graphic

first step: as shown in Figure 1, the moden and router's "WAN" port is connected (in the router port Department has identified WAN), and then a few other ports of arbitrary connected computer.
graphic
graphic

Step two: Open the web browser, in the address bar type "192.168.1.1" in Figure 2; carriage return after the pop-up dialog box enter the user name and password XXXXX "guest" (case sensitive), shown in Figure 3.

Step Three: After entering the router function in the left list to select "WAN Settings" (in this case select "PPPoE user"), as shown in Figure 4, fill in the ISP to your online account and password XXXXX point "applications" can be . The primary DNS and secondary DNS to Dial-a-ISP, do not know if you can not fill.

graphic

I got all this information directly from netcore's chinese site because this item isn't sold in the US market.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.

Ok. no good. Its a cable modem so is DHCP and the DNS IP I dont know nor does my internet support line. I have Windows 7. I can get online with DHCP but all I want to do is lock it off to outside users.

Also ipconfig-all wont give me DNS IP.

Expert:  Hunter T replied 6 years ago.
You want to set your IP to obtain automatically (or use DHCP) and your DNS settings should be set to obtain DNS server address automatically.