Ryan B.
Ryan B., Network Specialist
Experience:  Comptia A+ certified, studied for Network+ Certification

How can I password protect my internet connection THE WRT54G

How can I password XXXXX my internet connection?
THE WRT54G router was given to me and I do not have the disk
Hello and welcome to Just Answer

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I would like to assist you.

To password XXXXX your wireless connection on your router so that others can use your internet please do the following:

1) Go to a computer that is already connected to the router and then please open Internet Explorer then erase everything from the address bar(long white bar at top with http:// in it) and type in and then push enter on your keyboard and it should then prompt you for a username and password XXXXX in admin for the username and admin for the password XXXXX click ok to login to the configuration page of the router. Once logged in Click on wireless at the top and then right under it click on wireless security like the image below and you should be able to setup your wireless security from there, just choose the security mode preferably WPA-personal and then type in a Pass phrase(also write it down so your an remember it) then click on save settings and then go to one of your computers that are trying to connect wirelessly and enter that key when it asks for a network key.

View Full Image
View Full Image