James, Sr. Network Administrator
Experience:  Highly experienced with wireless networks and wireless equipment, LAN and networking protocols
24111805

I have a westell router model a90-750115-07. It was working

Customer Question

I have a westell router model a90-750115-07. It was working yesterday with my old modem and we were upgraded to a faster internet modem that allows a home phone. when i try to go to the IPaddress of the router 192.168.200.1 it wants a username and password. which neither of them do i know. I have caled the service provider and i have internet and they see nothing that would make the modem not work. I have called westell and the man said that they do not employ and techs fr troubleshooting the routers that they make and Verizon where i bought it from doesnt apparently troublshoot as well. Can someone PLEASE HELP me! I spent 69.99 for this thing and its now now working when it was less than 24 hous ago.
Category: Networking
Expert:  tekbabe replied 4 years ago.

This is a

SonicWALL SMB SSL-VPN APPLIANCES used by Verizon

username =admin

password=password

default ip address = 192.168.200.1

Let me know what additional information you need

Thanks!!

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
it still wants a nother password XXXXX set the router up. and to change the login and the password.
Expert:  tekbabe replied 4 years ago.

Hi

There is a reset button on the front or bottom of it.

Press it for 10 seconds to reset and try again

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

it keeps saying "please connect a WAN ethernet cable" what is that?

Expert:  tekbabe replied 4 years ago.
it wants you to connect an eithernet cable between the 2 to have a local connection instead of a wireless connection
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

its still not letting me set up the wireless network so that other computers will connect

Expert:  tekbabe replied 4 years ago.

I know this may seem like a silly question, but bear with me.

Can you detail to me what you have connected and where?

How many PC's and/or laptops are we talking about?

Which are wireless and which are going to be directly connected.

Thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
none will be directly connected. i had this setup so that I could allow my ps3 and my ipod touch, my laptop, my husbands laptop, i have a wireless adapter for the desktop and my roommates were able to log on when they needed to as well with a password XXXXX course. but for some reason it will now only allow for the desktop to abtain the wireless connection and my laptop that is right next top me it wont allow.
Expert:  tekbabe replied 4 years ago.

Thanks for the fast reply,

Please do the following:

Turn off all the pc's / laptops.

Unplug both the router and the modem from power.

Directly connect the ethernet cable from the back of the modem to the laptop.

So that the router is out of the picture entirely.

Now first off, turn on the modem, and wait until all the lights are lit and steady

Once this is done, turn on the laptop

Make sure and firewalls are off on the laptop.

See if you can connect to the internet.

Please let me know the outcome

Thanks!!