Andy Kalita
Andy Kalita, System Administrator
Experience:  MCP, MCTS, MCSA, A+, over 10 years of working IT experience

My Belkin wireless router isnt sending a wireless signal -

Customer Question

My Belkin wireless router isn't sending a wireless signal - the lights that say it's connected are on, and but not the one that say it's successful sending a signal. I may need a new one but I'm wondering if there are some troubleshooting things I can do first.
Category: Networking
Expert:  Andy Kalita replied 6 years ago.
Hi, I can help you with this. First, what is the model of the router? Who is your internet service provider?
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
ISP is Comcast, the model number of the router is F6D4230-4 v 2

Now the "modem" light is blinking red, the "router" light is green and nothing else is (like the "internet" or "wireless" lights) are on, at all.

Ok, since your provider is Comcast, let's reset the router. The set up with Comcast is pretty straight forward and no extensive configuration is necessary:

1. Make sure your Belkin router is turned ON, and while it's ON, press and hold the reset button on the back of the router for 30 seconds, then release it (you'll have to use paperclip or something similar)
  2. Give it a minute to boot up, then turn it OFF
  3. Turn your cable modem OFF
  4. Now, assuming your old connections are still in place (especially one between cable modem and WAN/Internet port on the back of your router) turn the cable modem ON and give it a 3 minutes to boot up
  5. Turn wireless router ON and give it a minute to come online
  6. NOw, try connecting to your router wirelessly - you should now see an unsecured Belkin wireless network, so connect to it
  7. Open Internet Explorer and navigate to
  8. When prompted, select username "admin" and leave password XXXXX then click Submit/OK
  9. Once in, click on Security link on the left
  10. From Security Mode pull down box on the right, select WPA/WPA2-Personal
  11. Below that, enter desired passphrase between 8 and 63 characters long
  12. Click Save Settings/Apply and exit browser
  13. Now, reconnect to wireless and enter the passphrase when prompted

If after resetting the router, you're still not able to get that light to come on, or to connect to wireless, you will most likely need a new router.

If this answer was helpful to you, please click Accept.