Sam Carney
Sam Carney, Network Administrator
Experience:  Network Technician/Engineer with 5+ Yrs Experience.

I am trying to connect to a xbox 360 using my wireless router.

I am trying to connect to a xbox 360 using my wireless router. I looked at the xbox website and it says there should be an option to search for a wireless network to connect to but the option isn't there. My xbox adapter is working fine flashing a green light indicating it is searching for a network. I don't know if this will help but I cannot login my router at or
Thanks, Diane

see if this video helps at all./

at 1:50 is where I think you need to see.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
I tried this already. The part at 1:55 when you select wireless mode is not an option on my xbox. The other two options are there though, IPS settings and DNS settings.
Thanks, Diane

It sounds like xbox is not recognizing the wireless adapter.

follow the steps below and see if it becomes recognized in the menus.

shut down xbox

unplug wireless adapter

start up xbox

shutdown xbox

put wireless adapter back in.

start xbox.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
It still isn't there. The adapter is flashing green again, but no wireless mode.

try the USB ports on the front of the xbox.

If this doesnt work you will have to contact xbox and request a new one. They might request that you show proof of purchase.

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Tried it in the front, flashing green but still no option to select wireless mode. Any other ideas? If not, please add details for what i should do to get a new one or contact xbox.

is this adapter wireless N capable?

Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Yes. The box for the adapter says "Wireless N Networking Adapter".
Did you run the CD that came with it in your xbox?
1. Turn on your Xbox 360 console, and then insert the installation disc in the DVD driveof your Xbox 360 console.
2. Turn off your Xbox 360 console by pressing the power button on the front of the console. Then, turn on the console. Note The update process should start automatically. If the update does not start automatically, you already have the correct drivers. In this case, you do not have to take any additional action.
3. When you are prompted to install the software, select Yes, update now.
4. When the software installation is complete, plug the Xbox 360 Wireless Networking "N" Adaptor into the USB port on your Xbox 360 console.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Oh, No. I don't recall there being any CD in the box.
Customer: replied 6 years ago.
Found the CD and installed it. Wireless Mode is now there, I'm connected to my router.Laughing Is that it?

thats it!

Make sure you click accept in my reply so i get credit for answering!