Adam Lowrance
Adam Lowrance, PC Technician
Experience:  10 plus years of Windows client server networking. Senior Tech. for Local ISP

I have an Embarq 660 series modem. I read a review about my

I have an Embarq 660 series modem. I read a review about my Linksys router Model WRT120N that stated the Embarq modem and the Linksys router don't work well together. The review stated that internal changes need to be made to the router so that they work together better. My connection to the internet is intrupted and I get a message that a computer cable is disconnected. Do you know a solution for the problem?
Category: Networking
Expert:  Adam Lowrance replied 6 years ago.

I find it is best to bridge the embarq 660 modem before hooking it to a router. After it is bridged it works right out of the box. Below is a link to the instructions on bridging the modem.