Syseng
Syseng, Computer Systems Engineer
Experience:  Cisco and Microsoft certified with over 20 years experience in system design, integration and development

I am trying to connect a sonos zone bridge music device to

Customer Question

I am trying to connect a sonos zone bridge music device to my WPN824 router but the router does not recognise the device at all.

I have also tried it with a WGR614 router but that does not recognise it either
Category: Networking
Expert:  Syseng replied 4 years ago.

Thank you for contacting Just Answer.

First, try using a different network cable with the bridge device.

If that does not work then check the lights on the network connector of the bridge device and let me know if they light up when the network cable is plugged into the router.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
The zone bridge is hard wired to router and router hard wired to modem

Sequence of events are :

When I plug in zone bridge - white only flashes

I have tried three ethernet cables so far

When i click on software to start connecting - green and white flash together

Software then asks to press button within 2 mins - green and white flash intermitently for about 15 seconds then they both flash together

There is no screen message saying connecting at all and the green time elapse bar continues for the full duration.

Then message apppears that ZP was not found
Expert:  Syseng replied 4 years ago.
Next login to the router administration pages and check the list of devices connected with DHCP address or Connected Device status if your router provides that as well and let me know if the bridge appears in the list.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi

All the attached devices are listed below but I am not sure exactly which is which. It is 1 o clock in the morning uk time so i am going to turn in quite soon

Attached Devices
# IP Address Device Name MAC Address
1 192.168.1.5 RAINBOW1 00:26:18:50:9E:50
2 192.168.1.3 00:13:CE:DA:31:34
3 192.168.1.4 00:0E:58:41:B7:32

I have shown also other data from the admin pages in case that is of any help as well

Router Status
Hardware Version WPN824v3
Firmware Version V1.0.7_1.0.8
Internet Port
MAC Address 00:1E:2A:E2:4B:B0
IP Address 82.6.180.87
DHCP DHCP Client
IP Subnet Mask 255.255.252.0
Domain Name Server 194.168.4.100
194.168.8.100
LAN Port
Wireless Settings
Wireless Network
Name (SSID):
Region:
Channel:
Mode:
Security Options
None
WEP
WPA-PSK [TKIP]
WPA2-PSK [AES]
WPA-PSK [TKIP] + WPA2-PSK [AES]
Security Options (WPA-PSK)
Passphrase :
(8-63 characters or 64 hexdigits)

MAC Address 00:1E:2A:E2:4B:AF
IP Address 192.168.1.1
DHCP ON
IP Subnet Mask 255.255.255.0
Wireless Port
Name (SSID) NETGEAR
Region United States
Channel 6
Mode Auto 108 Mbps
Wireless AP ON
Broadcast Name ON

Expert:  Syseng replied 4 years ago.
Ok so how many devices do you have connected to the network?

Is there one with a static IP address of 192.168.1.2? (this IP is not listed)
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I think the IP address's are as follows

192 168 1 1 is Router WPN824 192 168 1 3 is a wireless connected laptop 192 168 1 4 is printer and 192 168 1 5 is my host computer called rainbow as far as I can establish

192 168 1 2 does not show up anything being connected.

regards

Expert:  Syseng replied 4 years ago.
Ok then next click Start, Run and type CMD and press Enter. Then on the command line type:

ping 192.168.1.2

and press Enter and let me know if a reply is received.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
YES

I dont understand dos but

IT WAS SOMETHING LIKE 4 PACKATS SENT AND 4 PACKETS RECEIVED
Expert:  Syseng replied 4 years ago.
Ok good. The fact 4 were received means that the IP address is assigned to something and my guess is that its the bridge. So next restart the modem then after a few minutes restart the router then restart the bridge and the PCs and then let me know if starts working properly.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
have done all that before and no joy
Expert:  Syseng replied 4 years ago.
Next disable the firewall that is part of your antivirus software and the Windows firewall and try again to connect.

If the above does not work then follow the steps below to enable Universal Plug and Play on your XP computer (note this is in the second section at the link below) and then try again to connect to the bridge:

http://www.bitwiseim.com/wiki/index.php?title=Using_UPnP_on_Windows_XP