OK. Let's reset your router and then we can go further if needed.
1. Plug your computer into one of the available Ethernet / LAN
ports on the back of the Linksys.
2. Using a paper clip or similar object, press and hold the RESET
button on the back for 30 seconds while powered on
, then release. The unit will reboot.
3. Please test your Internet like this. You should be able to browse the Internet while directly connected. If so, please continue. If not, please connect your computer directly to your cable/DSL modem and come back here for guidance.
4. Open up Internet browser and go to http://192.168.1.1
5. When prompted, leave the username blank and type "admin
" for the password. (no quotes)
6. Once logged in, click the Wireless
7. Change the network name (SSID
) to whatever you would like your network to be called.
8. Click Save Settings
9. Click Wireless Security
10. Change Security mode
11. Type a password XXXXX the WPA Shared key
blank. This will be the password XXXXX use to get onto your network.
12. Click Save Settings
13. Close Internet Explorer and unplug your computer from the router.
14. Right click the networking icon next to the clock in the lower right hand corner of your screen (looks like two monitors with a red x).
15. Choose Connect to a Network.
16. Highlight your network from the list and click Connect.
17. Enter the password XXXXX created in step 11. when prompted.
18. You should be able to connect. Let me know if any problems!